• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much do you think you need to earn to live comfortably b

B

Belle25

The other thread on here regarding disposable income got me thinking about this.
How much do you feel you would need per annum In order to live comfortably(not talking rock star rich, just comfortably!)
xx

I would say about 30,000 per year for us a family for 4. To live comfortable, have a bit spare for meals out, pay all the bills and have some to save a month.

We get just over £20,000 a year for a family of 3 of us, its hard to determine just how comfortable we live at the moment as we've only moved out of my mums in may. But so far I'd say we live comfortable lives we don't live extravagantly were in a fortunate position I feel that we don't worry how we're gonna pay bills etc. we have enough for days out fun things etc

Only thing is regarding to other thread we don't know where our spare cash goes which is frustrating :dohh:

I think this depends on where abouts in the country you are. We have around 50,000 and feel reasonably comfortable. We live in Berkshire though. Up north you could feel pretty well off with a lot less!

I would say about £40,000 to be comfortable, anything extra is a bonus.

The thing I notice is, the more you earn the more you spend and the more you think you need!

2000€/month would be comfortable for us. We get about 1500€/month at the moment.

£40k is more than enough for us as a family of 3 nearly 4 to live comfortability. that is with extras and me not working at the moment.

I'd happily live on £20,000 a year if I wanted to be slightly more comfortable then £30,000 :) I don't drive though so I suppose I don't have a car so save alot of money just from that ;)

Between me and hubby £50,000 would be lovely. Would be able to pay off debts a bit more quicker then start saving for a house. :coffee:

We earn over £40k between us and we live quite comfortably. We seem to spend a lot of our money on god knows what each month!

I would say, whatever gives us about 40k after tax per year at least. 50k if I wanted to not work and wanted DD to have fun hobbies.

In actual take home pay we could live quite comfortably on about $7k more a year ($37,000 take home pay). If it weren't for stupid taxes and insurance we would feel rich on my salary (approximately $20k a year goes to this stuff).

We earn 30k and for a family of three we manage to pay the mortgage, bills and car insurance so I supose we are comfortable, but does feel like all work and no play so Id say 35-40k would make us comfortable and happy

xxx

We make 45k between us and JUST feel comfortable. I definitely agree with the saying "you live to your means" though!

We get around 27k a year if we didn't have debts though it would be a good amount. But that's are own fault. I think it depends where you live and like people have said you live to your means. We use to earn more than that before we had the girls and it always disappeared and we have nothing to show for it. We could have saved 10k in one year if we lived how we do now :( ahh we live and learn x

There wad a study on this by John semple. He recommends no more than 35% of your income should be spent on costs related to your home e.h. Rent, electric.bills etc. With the remainder for food, car hobbies etc. Although it's hard to even get to that point.

For my hubby and I we would need about 25000 per year to live comfortably. Luckily we get more than that so will be good if we ever eventually get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->