How much does your 4 year old weigh??

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
Ben has always been skinny and never had a huge appetite but nursery are concerned about the lack of food he eats.
He weighs 2 Stone 5 pounds and is 4ft (123cm) l. According to the NHS website is underweight. I don't know how to get him to eat anymore than I do. He simply doesn't eat a lot. He doesnt really eat that much junk but does drink alot of watered down fruit juice, that I have now limited to try and encourage more eating. But i don't want him getting dehydrated.

I'm just wondering how much other 4 year olds weigh and if I should take him to the drs.

Edited to say my DH is getting a telling off, I've measured him myself this morning and he's only 102cm and in the healthy weight range!!! I am so cross with him I've been worried sick!

Tom is 4yrs 5 months and is around 16kgs/35lbs and 105cm tall. He's in proportion - on the light side but also on the short side. He still fits in 3-4 trousers lengthwise but only just now.

Your son does sound very light for his height. Does he eat more when he's growing? Tom eats very little unless he's having a growth spurt - then he suddenly eats loads!

My lo just turned 4 and weighs 51 pounds and is 43 1/2 inches tall. He's a big man though. Wearing size 5 and 6, and size 13 in a shoe.

Omar is 18.5- 19 kgs & 107 cms , he's never been skinny, his shoulders are broad & he has muscles & big bones

K is 2st 11lb around 3 weeks ago, no idea on his height but he is tall [or so people tell us!] He is in age 4-5 and size 11 feet

Are you sure he's 4 ft? This is very tall for a 4 yrs old.

My big boy is 60lbs (4.2 stones) and 44" (112 cm)

Wow he is very tall. He weighs similar to my six year old (she weighs 32lb and is 100 cm) and she is under the hospital now. Speak to a healthcare professional and get some reassurance. And whilst there ask if it is necessary to add things like cheese to meals, butter to mash, eat more peanut butter etc.

Wow he is very tall. He weighs similar to my six year old (she weighs 32lb and is 100 cm) and she is under the hospital now. Speak to a healthcare professional and get some reassurance. And whilst there ask if it is necessary to add things like cheese to meals, butter to mash, eat more peanut butter etc.

I would be doing this. My son is only 19 months and weights 2 stone. Whilst this is on the bigger size for his age I would expect a four year old to weigh quite a bit more. I dont think it is a cause for imediate concern but I always consider if he got ill and lost some weight, that he would then be considerably underweight.

Are you sure he's 4 ft? This is very tall for a 4 year old.

See Im doubting this now!!! My DH measured him and Ben has always been a shorty compared to others his age.
Off to measure him myself!!!!

Did it come out the same?

See you edited the post, it's good you've got some peace of mind =D

My boy is 105cm (3ft 4) and his weight fluctuates but he's about 45-50lbs (3 1/2 stone) & he's 3.5 yrs old
He's chunky though... his legs are where all his weight come from, its solid muscle as he stopped using his buggy at all before he was even 2 and we don't drive either so lots of walking / bicycle riding in those calf muscles haha

Oh just seen the update also, that is fab but naughty OH x

Lol, just saw your edit. Ds always seems to be among the bigger 4 year olds when we are out and about (105cm) so was quite amazed at the casualness of 123cm when I'd just measured my 8 year old niece at 121. So there you go, nothing to worry about.

Lucas weights 2st 1 and half!! height wise is around 98-100cm

think he is quite small as only just in aged 2-3 trousers and those have to have adjustable waists pulled right in!

4yo is 2st 8, 20 month old is 2st 1. I'm not worried about either of them even though ones 'skinny' and the other is 'fat' lol. They are both just perfect to me. X

DD1 is 4 in a couple of months, she's 101cm & 33lb.

Megan was four two weeks ago and she is three stone so about 42 pound, I dont know how tall she is, I must measure her tomorrow!

My 4 yo is just over 2st. She's under peadiatric care for previous surgery and her weight has never been an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->