How much does your LO eat - 8/9 months old

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I'm doing BLW with Aisling and I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the amount she's eating! For example today:

bf
40g of porridge with 120ml formula
Pitta bread with dairylea on one side, mashed veg on the other (she didn't eat it all)
bf
Dinner was an adultish sized portion of lasagne, rice cake, yoghurt and some peach. The lasagne was frozen leftovers from last week and I didn't expect her to eat more than half but she kept at it til it was gone and then cried for more! Hence the yoghurt, rice cake and peach...
bf

Does this sound like too much and how much are your LOs eating? The idea with BLW is LO controls how much they eat and there's alot of emphasis on not encouraging them to eat more than they want but not so much about what to do if it seems like they're eating ALOT!

I'd say let her eat until she's full for now. It may be a phase of eating lots to be followed by a phase of eating less.

Ruby sometimes eats amounts I'm surprised about - the most she's eaten in one day is half a weetabix, a whole slice of cheese on toast, 3 tinned pear quarters, a whole small sweet potato and some sticks of cheese. Oh and 30z of formula!

I've been having the same concerns as you hun.
I wonder if any of the veteran BLWers could possibly shed some light and also tell us how much their LOs eat now they're a bit older and have been doing it longer.

I don't know whether it's "normal", that's why it's a worry lol. Bible only goes on about them not seeming to eat much :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->