How much formula at 3 months?

Nessicle

Reaction score
how much formula does your LO take? Ava is 3 months and only takes 4oz every 3 hours. She's never been a good feeder to be honest and I've never really enjoyed feeding her cos of the colic too though it is getting easier!

Wish she'd take more though cos I think she'd sleep through!

She's not exactly a little baby at 14lbs at 12 and a half weeks too lol x

my little girl will be 3 months tomorrow and at 10lb 3oz she takes 4oz every 3.5 hours, 6 times a day.
her last feed is a dreamfeed at 11:30pm and she lasts easily until 6am. i think she would last longer, but that's when i've been told to start the daily routine.
i went to a peaditrician in Spain (where I'm from) and this is what he recommended according to her weight and measurements.
he said I should feed her 5 oz every 4 hours when she's 4 months, which would only be one more oz per day...
she's never been a great feeder and this seems to keep her satisfied and is gaining an average of 200gr per week.
since she was born i've been obsessed with her weight and feeding but now i've realized that not all babies need the same and they each take as much/little as they need.

My daughter takes 4-5 (sometimes) ounces every three to 4 hours, 6 bottles a day total. She's about 13 1/2 pounds right now, so your baby seems fine.

I wish my daughter would take more so I can get more sleep also.

My daughter has 4-5oz every 3-4 hours in the day so between 20 and 25ozs in 24 hours (5 bottles). She usually sleeps from 8pm to 6am without feeding (not last night though :)). She has silent reflux so feeding has always been a battle but so far she is following the 25th centile perfectly, she was 11lb at 10 and a half weeks.

I have a monster baby who has 5/6 7oz bottles a day....he was 16lb8oz on Friday though.

3-4oz over night and 2-3 oz during the day.
Shes 4 months now and still taking that much. We feed whenever shes hungry and just roll with it.

My lo has anywhere between 3-4oz every 3 hours, I thought that was not a lot but going by this thread it's not uncommon :) my lo puts on weight great so it must be all she needs :) she sleeps from 7pm ish till 6/6.30 am too with a dreamfeed at 1130pm :flower:

Im soooo glad i just stumbled upon this thread! My LO takes 2/3oz (sometimes 4 if we r lucky) every 3/4hrs. She feeds around 6 times a day. I was convinved she was under-feeding, and my HV didnt help matters by telling me that being in the 25th centile isnt ideal for a baby born in the 50th centile. It appears she's normal afterall! She isnt even 12 weeks yet so i am gonna chill out a bit now. Thanks ladies. xxxxxxx

Im soooo glad i just stumbled upon this thread! My LO takes 2/3oz (sometimes 4 if we r lucky) every 3/4hrs. She feeds around 6 times a day. I was convinved she was under-feeding, and my HV didnt help matters by telling me that being in the 25th centile isnt ideal for a baby born in the 50th centile. It appears she's normal afterall! She isnt even 12 weeks yet so i am gonna chill out a bit now. Thanks ladies. xxxxxxx

Both my doctor & hv told me that as long as lo puts on weight, it doesn't matter how. Uch they drink really :flower:

Both my doctor & hv told me that as long as lo puts on weight, it doesn't matter how much they drink really :flower:

Max is 12 weeks old. He weighs 13lb 8ozs and has roughly 5 X 4/5oz's and a 3oz dreamfeed.

He doesn't eat that much more and he has just started sleeping through, they will do it when they are ready.

Leo is 9 weeks and takes 5-6ozs 3 hourly, has his last feed at 11pm and doesn't feed again till 7am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->