How much is too much..?

J

Jade--x

..To spend for fathers day?

(I've left it rather late too oopsy :haha:)

There's a game for his xbox I know he wants and I know he would love - however it's not out yet so I'd have to preorder it and give him the order confirmation until it is - But is £40 a lot to spend for fathers day? Aswell as the other little things we've got him but my parents always tell us not to spend alot or to get anything at all (though we always do) but we didn't spend that much on my mum for mothers day so I feel really bad :haha:

But apart from that I have no idea what to get him :/

Oh is getting nowt lol

Oh for your dad? I just gave mine a card.

I'm the only one of my friends that buys their dad I think :haha: but my parents have been amazing to me especially the last 4 years and I like to show my appreciation. I can't really on his birthday as it's also the day he lost his dad (his birthday and his dads were the same day it was also the day my mum and dad had their engagement party joint with my dads 21st and grandads birthday and he dropped dead in the kitchen helping prepare the food :() so he doesn't like celebrating it.x

I usually spend a tenner at the most on my dad plus card. Same for OH! But I guess whatever you can afford / want to spent is entirely up to you.

I think it depends. As we have got older we've upped the amount we spend on our parents. Partly because we are all earning more and partly because over the past few years my parents have done so so much for us 'children' that we really felt it should be recognised.

This year we bought my mum and dad a painting between then. It was £149 in total but this amount was split between 4 children. It worked at at £18 ish from each child per parent. Slightly lower than our usual amount of £20.

well for mothers day I got a card and chocs so Iv got OH a card and shortbread. He loves shortbread and their special choc covered ones :cloud9:
Iv said for every mothers day/fathers day we'll just get a card and chocs/biccies.

Well my dad got £20 spent on him (me and brother split getting him a football top). This was more than I wanted to spend (was only planning on putting £10 in a card), but my mum told me that was what we were getting!!! DH is getting a card and that is it.

It is a personal thing though. You should spend however much you want/can spend. I think mothers day/fathers day are just another way to get you to spend money.........

All i've bought my Dad is a bottle of Jack Daniels, Slippers and a Card but he did get the best Fathers Day present ever... Me ;) :haha: and i've bought my Grandad a photo frame and a picture of me and bump in it as well as a bottle of Budweiser :) but if you can afford to then why not?! he is your Dad after all :)

I don't think £40 is a lot if you can afford it :)
I've probably spent around the same on OH, and not far off that for my dad and OH's Dad! Much more that what I planned on spending though :dohh:
We've even bought something small for our Grandad's!

OH is getting 4 bottles of pear cider, a pair of lounge about shorts, a new silver chain for his dog tag with LO's name on it as his other one snapped, a big box of mixed sweets as he loves them :haha: and a chocolate medal with 'no1 dad' on it. Oh I also bought 5 scratch cards to put in the card from me :rofl: We're always buying them these days in hope that we may get lucky! :blush: Total coming to about £42.

For my Dad I've got him a t shirt, a pair of jeans, a grandad keyring and I've made him a sign, as I make home-made plaques :)
For OH's Dad we've got him a t shirt, a beer glass, a grandad keyring and funny socks with 'grumpy's socks' on them lol.
For my grandad I made him a 'great grandson' photo frame and put a photo of LO in and bought him chocolate golf balls!
For OH's grandad we've bought him a small gardening sign and a box of his fave chocolates -maltesers!

Wow writing all this down seems like we may have spent quite a bit! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->