How much is too much?

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Just wondering how many items of clothing I should have? I keep buying cute outfits for baby & hope he will be able to wear them all! A lot I have bought off ebay, so don't feel too bad about those & I am sure that our friends will prob give us heaps of clothes too! I have bought a lot 0-3 months & also 3-6 months.

How much clothing do you all have for your baby already?

I have a tons of clothes, babies get changed often because they poop and it stinks, so you need to change the clothes sometimes along with the diaper. Plus they burp and throw up over their shirts and you need to change as well often. So I think if you wash ones a week like I do, you need lots of clothes, I'm sure you'll get to wear it. I received a lot at my baby shower, haven't been buyig much even though i'm so tempted to, but i'm waiting because i have a feeling ones the baby is born people will be buying me more stuff, so i dont wanna buy anything more. Wait and see. but i dont think its ever too much, baby gets changed often.

lol with dd1 i had way too many clothes! esp the 0-3. she didnt even wear some of them, i saved most and when i had dd2 i used the ones her sister never wore. Honestly you dont need more than 14 of anything- play clothes, night clothes, nice clothes and church clothes. my play clothes were mostly onsies with bottoms. the nice clothes were all matching sets to wear out church clothes were all dresses. i found any more than 14, and you are doing way too much laundry and never getting to the things in the bottom of the drawer.

Sometimes babies have growth spurts, and jump sizes. I unfortunately have a ton of clothes with tags on it from my son, so I wouldn't get too many things in bigger sizes.

I think I'd try to have about:

8 Newborn Onesies
12-- 0-3 Onesies
12 --3-6 Onesies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly