How much to pay a babysitter?

Gwen77

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have a question regarding babysitting. I have a 20mo. old son that we need a sitter for on Friday night. However, we have NO idea what to pay the sitter! We've never had one before (other than parents). Also, my son will be in bed while she's babysitting, so all the sitter has to do is occasionally glance at the baby monitor (my son sleeps very well). It will only be for a max. of two hours that we're gone.

So really... the babysitter isn't actually going to be WATCHING my child, just 'listening' for them. I dunno... How much would you pay them?

Thanks!
Gwen.

$10 an hour? e've not had to pay for one for an evening yet, but I have lots of friends who do and that's around what they pay.

I agree that $10 is a decent amount per hour for that situation. That's what I would expect here (Southern US). I used to babysit a little when in college and I got about $50 for a couple hours with a toddler and baby, but neither really were sleeping… more like spitting up and crying… maybe I should have expected more, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->