How much? (traditional weaning)

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
I'm confused by the question of how much Andrew should be getting for a meal (traditional puree weaning).

I received my HIPP pack this morning and it reckons "6-12 teaspoons", but are they talking baby feeding spoons? Full spoons of this size? Because I don't scoop up a whole spoonful, just the tip ...

People talk about quantities of ice-cubes but are you using rectangular ice-cube trays (approx 2x1x1cm) or new silicon ice-cube trays (1x1x1cm)?

Am I worrying too much? :rofl:

Andrew was prem and only weighs 8.5lb now, so I'm trying to calculate quantities to allow for his small size. He's on one puree meal a day and one breakfast, the puree meal is currently 5 of the small ice-cubes. He eats it all, doesn't turn away or anything (hollow legs?) and hasn't decreased his milk intake.

Does that sound about right? Too little?

when they say 6-12 teaspoons it means teaspoons not baby spoons.

i started lucas with 1 ice cube then when he ate all that up it to two and now his on 3 3 times aday but not eating it all when he is and looking for more i will up it agane.

the ice cube trays are about 1oz of food i just use normall trays. The ider of them is so you can defrost small bits at a time instead of a load and wasting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->