How my appointment went yesterday

wannabmum

Reaction score
Well as you guys know I had my first appoint at ninewells last nite & I can't believe how nervous and emotional I felt ended up in tears a couple of times on the Sunday and ended up with an upset stomach yesterday as well as physicaly shacking etc anyway we will get another appoint threw in next few months for oh to go so they can make sure he is producing sperm they think he will be but can't know for sure untill then, but the waiting list is longer than we were first told and they estamate it will be March 2009 before our treatment starts.:cry: Obviously a bit dissapointed that it is going to take longer I know it only 6 months longer than we first were told but by then it will be 4 and a half years since we started on this rollarcoaster of a journey but as oh says we have the rest of our life together so we will get there.

xxx

Thinking of you. :hugs:

We have been trying for 5 years now with nine miscarriages and a stillborn last year for our troubles. I am now 6 weeks pregnant again which i had completely believed would never happen. Its not gonna be plain sailing, we've still got problems. I am classed as high risk and could lose this baby at any time.

What i'm trying to say is, stay positive, it will happen, it just takes much longer than we want it to. If i can get this far then so can anyone else.

Good luck on your journey :hugs:

Blimey, both of you are going through it aren't you! Makes my ttc journey pale into insignigicance.

Good luck to you both.:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear what all the two of you have been through. Good luck to you! :hugs:

Omg hun I am so sorry to see this is happening for you guys.

Without an answer to the question needed maybe you could consider private? Thats madness :(

:hugs:

Thanks guys,

Ellies mum so sorry for what you have been threw and my thoughts will be with you and u baby:hugs:

Wobs I'm already considering the private option as u know our wedding is the 5th of June so would really like to start after that but only thing being I could well find the time on waiting list for private could work out roughly the same as going threw the nhs but I'm going to look into that more.

Other thing that kind of concerns me is when going for these treatments they usually implant to embryos as gives greater chance of sucess but the doctor was going on last nite because I'm young they think they will just implant one, I know for definate if I do go nhs for this time and it is not sucessful I will just go private as u are given 2 try at ICSI on nhs but if doesn't work first time then u put right back to the back of the waiting list again!!

So confused with it all what you guys think??

xx

:hugs: wannabmum
nhs waiting lists are a joke!

It may take us a while bu we will get there in the end! :hugs:

Definatley look into going private but if the list ends being the same as NHS then i would probably stay with NHS, at least then if you use up your cycles with them you still have the option of going private.

I dont really know much about your story but have they given you any idea of what might be stopping you conceiving? You dont have to answer this if i'm being too nosey.

Thanks Ag we will get there it will all b worth it!!

Elliesmum oh has obstructive azoospermia due to the fact he has been born without the vas(the tube that the sperm comes out the test from) so only way we can have is threw ICSI (like ivf but they enject into test for sperm and inject sperm directly into the egg) we don't yet know if oh has any sperm to use hosp thinks there will be but wont know for sure till next appoint during this journey we have discovered what we thought was his dd from previous relashionship is not his no way she could be but she is ours in the ways that matter she is nearlt 10 now and we love her she doesn't know nor does her mother know any of this as we don't want to turn we ones life upside down the only stability she gets is with us and her mum is known to sleep about alot so would she even get any answers?? oh was only18 when he got with her, he didn't like her when they met but she made up loads of lies that were ment to have happened to her they got together then he started to c her true colours so was going to finish with her when she announced she was preg (he'd slept with her twice at this point) oh has been brought up to stick by family and even when went to his mum she told him he'd have to stay with her, she continued sleeping around all the time and eventually when wee one was bout 1 he left her, we have dd everyweekend and all school holidays.

Sorry to go on just quick run down.

xx

Such a sad story.

I admire you greatly for what you are doing with dd. She will always class your OH as her dad, even when/if she does find out the truth.

I also admire you for your strength. I know as much as you do that there are times when we wonder if it is all worth the pain and struggling we are going through. But then, if your like me, you just have to carry on and carry on until you get what you want.

Its so annoying when you want to get things done and you are slowed down by other people (hospitals, doctors etc). We were told after each m/c that if i hadnt fallen pg in six months then go back and see them. We wasted all those six months when things could have been done. I feel so much time was wasted. I was 34 years old when i went to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. I am now 39. If all goes well, i will be 40 when this baby is born.

:hugs: I totally agree there are times I wonder if I can cope but other times I feel so positive I want to have a family so much I will go threw this untill we get there, hospitals are the most frustrating even down to doing tests rather than testing both together it one test at a time waiting weeks for results then on to the next it really is a joke!! With dd we love her so much when all this came out as I said to oh its not her fault her mothers behaviour dd still the same person, oh said what made him so angry apart from that is he didn't have to stay with her mother when he did they were worst times in his life but just said to him if he didn't we wouldn't have dd in our lives and where would she be now?? I also admire your strength you have been threw so much :hugs:

xx

Defo look into private it really should not be a wait like you think and like the NHS and sounds like they taking some negative risks???

Helen went private for fertility and IVF as you know she would be a great one to give you her waiting times as her and hubby woudl have needed tests prior to any treatment too.

I think Helen mentioned waiting times for IVF would have been 3 years for her....

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Hugs/000bigblinky_ani_uneedhug.gif

Sorry it is going to take longer than you were initially told, but your OH is right in what he so lovingly said. :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->