How often do you check on LO once in bed?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Just curious. Im an anxious Mum and she'sonly on her 3rd night in her own bed but Im getting less sleep now than I was before because I am checking on her every 5-10 minutes! xx

My OH counted how many times I check on her a few nights ago. In the space of 1 hour, I'd gone in 17 times. That's not including the times she started winging cause she dropped her dummy.

I'm terrified of something happening to her. For some reason I still can't relax.

I still wake up in the night to check on her too.

Just curious. Im an anxious Mum and she'sonly on her 3rd night in her own bed but Im getting less sleep now than I was before because I am checking on her every 5-10 minutes! xx

I posted a thread like this a few weeks ago, as I put Poppy in her own room and was setting my alarm for every hour in the night to check on her. I was exhausted. From the responses I got I realised that I was checking her way to often (perhaps even disturbing her when I checked her) and that I was exhausting myself unneccesarily.

Now three weeks into her routine of sleeping in her own room I just check her a couple of times in the evening and maybe once during the night if I pop to the toilet or something. I think you just get more and more calm about it when you get used to them sleeping in their own bed!

I'm getting a good nights sleep now :happydance:and it makes the morning a whole lot nicer for both of us. xxxx

I check the video monitor a few times in the evening and if I hear Lucy wriggling just to check she's okay, and I pop into her room just before I go to bed and then if I wake up during the night I'll have a look on the monitor, but apart from that I leave her to sleep

Thanks, I'm just so used to having her next to me, its hard letting go. Hoping it gets easier with time as she's a fairly light sleeper and me in and out every 5mins isnt helping her xxx

Skye is still in my room, I'd never go to sleep if she wasn't! :haha:

I check a couple of times once he's down and before I go to bed, then if I wake up during the night.

The first week or so was tough though and Harry was quite unsettled but once I stopped checking him so often he started sleeping lots better, as someone else said, I think I was disturbing him!

Thanks, I'm just so used to having her next to me, its hard letting go. Hoping it gets easier with time as she's a fairly light sleeper and me in and out every 5mins isnt helping her xxx

It's hard at first but it will get easier. You will soon realise that she is just fine. To reassure yourself just make sure she isn't too hot, can't pull blankets (or anything else) over her face etc etc and maybe just gradually lessen the amount of times you check on her throughout the night x

Never. Unless she wakes up and needs me, obviously.

Although I will check her if I haven't heard a peep from her on the monitor, usually you can hear her shifting about, breathing, general noises. So I do worry if she's too quiet

:flower:

I live by my angelcare moniter she is 19 months and i think i'll use it till shes about 3! Its so reassuring! I still check her 3 or 4 times after she goes down and if im up at the loo i'll check her too xxxxx

Every half hour. In fact the last time I checked I woke her up by mistake :dohh:

i really dont think im ever going to be able to put sophia in her own room it scares me to death plus im in a flat and her rooms closer to the front door which freaks me out incase of burglers (i knw unlikely to happen but im paranoid about it as my flat is off a bit of an allyway). so if she does ever go into her own room i will prob move my stuff to her room and sleep there and leave her in mine xx

I check up on her in the evenings maybe every half an hour or so but at night only if I wake up and need the toilet or something.

Only if i go to the loo or she stirs but i use an angelcare and shes still in my room

:hugs: .I glance at the Angelcare parent unit every 10 minites or so to see the pendulum swinging. I go in to check on him every time I go up to the toilet or upstairs for something. I check him one more time before I get into bed, and if I wake for the toilet I check him then, if not thats it til morning, but I do wake up a few times a night and glance over to see the swinging pendulum and I obviously go in if he cries :)
xx

wow, Im amazed, I only check up on my little one a few hours before bed, and then give her a kiss goodnight when I go to bed, and thats it, I do have to admit it was hard at first letting go buy I enjoy my sleep too much now lol

After 2 nights of LO in her room I'm quite calm about it. But after reading this just gonna go check lol.

My LO quite often wakes if I open her door to check on here (and it's only ever pushed to, not properly shut!)

She's such a light sleeper!

I never have. I don't have a monitor. I only go in if he cries.

I have an angelcare so I always have half an eye on the pendulum in the evening. I check on him every time I go upstairs for the loo / bath / get ready for bed / general faffing, then I check him before I go to bed and then if I wake in the night / when I wake in the morning (before him as I go to work). If I didn't have the angelcare I would go mad I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->