How often do you check on LO once in bed?

Eva goes to bed in her own room at 7.30pm and we normally go to bed at about 11/11.30pm and I usually check on her twice, not including the few times she wakes wanting her dummy.
I check on het again before I go to bed and if I wake in the night and haven't heard her coughing or just fidgeting I will get up and check she's ok.
I have a few night slept so well that I've not woken once till 8am and i woke up and paniced so much rushed in to check and she was sound asleep still.
I seem to check on her more in the day though during her naps as she will only sleep on her front in the day (don't know why) and I'm a bit paranoid about her smothering herself in the matress. She's fine though, thank god!

Thanks all. Up until recently she had a breathing alarm that attached to her tummy, but she would wriggle and it would come off and the alarm would be going every 5 mins or so, so had to stop using that. Somay be worth investing in an Angelcare. I dunno, it took some courage stopping using her alarm so not sure if its a step backwards getting another monitor....but if it helps me settle a bit more?? xx

I can completely understand why you are anxious :hugs:
I have been anxious about my LO for different reasons (high risk pregnancy) - I used to check my son every time I heard him make the slightest sound and everytime he was quiet! I'm sure I used to wake him up though - in the last couple of weeks I have calmed down and now I wait until he definately sounds awake before I go in and he sleeps much better xx

Thanks all. Up until recently she had a breathing alarm that attached to her tummy, but she would wriggle and it would come off and the alarm would be going every 5 mins or so, so had to stop using that. Somay be worth investing in an Angelcare. I dunno, it took some courage stopping using her alarm so not sure if its a step backwards getting another monitor....but if it helps me settle a bit more?? xx

It may be worth it for peace of mind during the night? It's great to be able to see the pendulum swinging and know they're ok without having to actually go in. If it helps settle you then its a step in the right direction, not a step backwards :flower:
xx

i check on Laila once before i go to bed.. switch her nightlight off and give her a kiss! can't honestly say i've ever checked loads, didn't want to disturb her :shrug: x

I check on my dd a few times during the evening and before I go to bed. we also sleep with mine and OH's bedroom door open and with dd's door open so I can hear her.

I usually end up getting up a few times in the night to give her her dummy so also check on her then.

DD goes down at 9pm. I check on her once at ten,once at eleven and once before I go to bed around midnight.then I turn on the monitor and unless she wakes up I don't check again until morning. It was hard the first week of her in her own room though. Irmember checking every 15 minutes or so and exhausting myself. DH used to laugh at me and call me over protective. After a while I got more comfortable with it. It just takes time.

I swear by my summer day/night monitor. It's so reassuring when i wake up during the night and i just turn over and look at the screen, i can see that he is breathing and is lying in a comfortable position in his cot.
If i didn't have that i would be going into his room checking on him all night!!. I totally recommend them to any mummy!!!. x

goodness the first week or so in her own room I was a mess. I waited for a long time, until I was 'ready' and it was so hard. I was the opposite. I could hear her ticking, but I darednt check on her, so I sent R to check on her, which must have been about 6 times in 3 hours. So not bad. I dont like checking on her cause I dont want to find another live baby dead :cry: Its so hard, it really is, but you need to stick with it. Its us whos 'bothered' by it, not them. I wish we didnt have the added worry :( :hugs: :hugs: x

goodness the first week or so in her own room I was a mess. I waited for a long time, until I was 'ready' and it was so hard. I was the opposite. I could hear her ticking, but I darednt check on her, so I sent R to check on her, which must have been about 6 times in 3 hours. So not bad. I dont like checking on her cause I dont want to find another live baby dead :cry: Its so hard, it really is, but you need to stick with it. Its us whos 'bothered' by it, not them. I wish we didnt have the added worry :( :hugs: :hugs: x

:hugs: I know that feeling hun, my whole body shakes when I check on her. For the last 3 nights I have lain in bed and convinced myself she has gone :cry:. When I go in to wake the big 2 in the morning, I stand at the door to wake them, and if they dont stir I stand there just shouting them because I am too scared to goover to them. Definatly not as bad with those 2 though, with them being older. Will it ever get better :nope: xxxxx

:hugs: :hugs: I 'weaned' myself off that monitor at 5 months, intime for giving it back at 6 months, thats all we was allowed it for due to strangulation :shrug: then we have one on loan from the same people, which was just a mattress one, but tbh we had more false alarms on that than the shop bought one. Definately worth getting one, its not a step back, theres no point worrying yourself when there is a way of reducing your worry iykwim? I cant ever imagine not using the monitor, she will be 10 and still using it :haha: :hugs: x

:hugs: :hugs: I 'weaned' myself off that monitor at 5 months, intime for giving it back at 6 months, thats all we was allowed it for due to strangulation :shrug: then we have one on loan from the same people, which was just a mattress one, but tbh we had more false alarms on that than the shop bought one. Definately worth getting one, its not a step back, theres no point worrying yourself when there is a way of reducing your worry iykwim? I cant ever imagine not using the monitor, she will be 10 and still using it :haha: :hugs: x

Was it a Graeseby monitor Hayley? On our CONI they let us keep it as long as we like :shrug: In fact i still have it before i cant get hold of the co-ordinator (fat lot of support she was?) Can i ask if you saw/see much of your co-ordinator? I only saw her at the start....and also what support you will be getting this time round re: pregnancy and afterwards? Massive congrats btw :happydance: I did send you a pm but dont know if you got it or not!
Anyway, going off a bit on one now lol. Yeah I think it might be worth getting an under matress one too, I didnt think we'd ever actually get to the stage of her going in her own room, been putting it off n putting it off for months now! xxxxxxxx

Was it a Graeseby monitor Hayley? On our CONI they let us keep it as long as we like :shrug: In fact i still have it before i cant get hold of the co-ordinator (fat lot of support she was?) Can i ask if you saw/see much of your co-ordinator? I only saw her at the start....and also what support you will be getting this time round re: pregnancy and afterwards? Massive congrats btw :happydance: I did send you a pm but dont know if you got it or not!
Anyway, going off a bit on one now lol. Yeah I think it might be worth getting an under matress one too, I didnt think we'd ever actually get to the stage of her going in her own room, been putting it off n putting it off for months now! xxxxxxxx

Yes, the NR10 or something like that. We used to hang it on the side of the cot and she would twist round in her sleep so was no longer 'safe' for our little wriggler, I would have used it for ever if I could have though. I have seen my CONI lady about 4 times but not since 7 month? She is a fantastic support and if I needed anything I could give her a ring. I fall in the middle of 2 areas so there is also one at our local hospital who gave me her number if I needed her. I also had a fab HV, she came out every week for the first 4 months to see Daisy. Sounds OTT but I really needed that reassurance that she was doing ok, even though they can do ok and still die :(

I have spoken to MW on the phone, explained how I was worried about just being 'left' with this pregnancy now I have had a healthy baby, and she said absolutely not and I will be consultant lead again, so I assume the same goes for the support from CONI. Although I already feel I want things to be more relaxed this time, as Daisy's baby stage was so medically interfeered etc, its what I needed to get me through but I would like to 'try' and be more relaxed, but know the support is there if and when I need it. does that make sense? I didnt get your PM but my inbow was probably full :( sorry.

How are things with you and regards to #5? x

I don't have to :lol: she only sleeps at most 2 hours without waking up crying. And on the rare occasion she does sleep 2 hours I wouldn't check on her because she's such a light sleeper :haha:

A lot more since the bloddy 'Stenders' storyline!!! And he is 14 months, his cot is next to our bed and he's ends up in with us for half the night!!

I don't go in, but I check the light is flashing on the monitor on a regular basis and double check the alarm is on before going to bed. I generally feel safer once she is in bed with me.

I don't check as he is such a light sleeper. I used to when he was younger as he wasn't such a light sleeper, but from 6-7 months it was useless as I just woke him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->