how often do you clean...

moltal213

Reaction score
I thought I'd make this thread as its very good to know this stuff .. So this is how it works:
I clean bedsheets -once a week
Towels - once a week
Hair or childs hair - everyday
Shower - everyday
Dishes - everyday
Clothes - everyday
Teeth - twice a day
House - have someone else do it
Wash hand bag or school bags? - I don't ..
Dogs - once a month
Etc add wat you clean n how often .. To prevent germs etc

Show us ur children cleanin :)

Wait. People wash their handbags?

I do now considering it carries more germs then under a toliet seat lol its the one thing ppl forget to wash .. n we use it everyday lol

Oh I know they are gross places, I just didn't realise people cleaned them! I just change mine regularly :haha: My OH is buying me a super nice bag for my birthday though, so I might have to start cleaning it!

haha indeed, I dont like hand bags but my oh insists i carry it everywhere so i can carry his things lol ..

how often do you replace a tooth brrush - every 3 months?? lol

and hairbrushes? i havent replaced mine in years :sick:

I clean a lot. My house is always clean but can get a little messy. I feel like im always doing something.

Bedsheets - once every ten days
Hoover - 2/3 times a day
Hair - both mine and kids every 72 hours.
Clothes - I have a never ending pile of washing.
Mop floors - twice a week. Usually tues/ friday.
Bathroom - every second day
Kitchen - sprayed and cleaned usually twice a day.

Upstairs is where I can be slack since were only really up there when sleeping. Now the kids are playing in their rooms more im a lot more organised.

I clean when it needs doing. I see no point in doing it any more than that.

Erm

Bed sheets ours abs DD once a week in summer every other week in winter
Full house: mop, dust, Hoover through, bathroom etc once a week
Hoover twice to three times per week
Laundry twice or three times a week
Iron once each load is dry
Shower every other day and DD every other day with baths in between
Toothbrushes every couple of months

Towels - everyday (I use around 2-3 towels per day, & we dint share towels)
Bathrobe- every other day, hair towel- after every use (I wash my hair 3 times a week)
Bedsheets - once a week
Kid's hair- everyday
Toilets- everyday quick cleaning including vacuuming & mopping the floor, full cleaning (tiled, floor with water once a week)
House- mopped & vaccumed everyday, inside cabinets/ wardrobes/ drawers once every two weeks, moving furniture & cleaning behind them once a week. Living room almost everyday
Kitchen- once or twice a day
Teeth brushing - twice a day sometimes 3

There is more like dusting paintings, cleaning ornaments, switches, etc. Balconies once a week but mopped & vacuumed everyday.

Inside fridges (we have 2) - once a week, I also clean the inside of the washing machine, dryer & dishwasher. Curtains are washed twice a year. Sofas once every 2 weeks, chandeliers twice a year

Did I mention that I have a full time cleaner :rofl:

She follows a schedule, she works 4-5 hrs a day only, but she manages to do all this.

Towels - after a couple of uses for bath ones, every few days for hand ones
Hair - most days, same with kids
Shower or bath, one a day - either or. Also an extra shower if it's hot or after exercise.
Dishes - all the freaking time.
Clothes - jeans/jumpers go for a couple of days. Everything else gets washed after one wear. If it's roasting hot or I've been in the gym then more changes/washes.
Teeth - twice a day morning/night
House - as and when needed, always seem to be tidying something
Wash hand bag or school bags - every couple of weeks I will get bored and switch bags, and clean out the one I switch from. Depending on the type, it may go in the machine or just get a wipe.
Laundry - at least a load a day, no dryer so outdoor drying if it's fair and clothes horses indoors if not.
Ironing - nope :rofl: (I do school uniforms at weekends. That's it :p)
Bed linens roughly once a week to once a fortnight.

In general I like to try and keep things reasonably presentable but I will not be a slave to having a clean house :flow: I used to have a completely chaotic house but have massively decluttered and it's much better.

We should totally be paid for this amount of house work . Lol
How often if ur child potty trainin do you clean the potty . I think There's a competition on who does the most house work .. Wow does any ones husband help?? :)haha:) .. I wish .. I cudnt clean so much as the above 3 ladies u go girls ..

We should totally be paid for this amount of house work . Lol
How often if ur child potty trainin do you clean the potty . I think There's a competition on who does the most house work .. Wow does any ones husband help?? :)haha:) .. I wish .. I cudnt clean so much as the above 3 ladies u go girls ..

When Summer was using a potty I sprayed and cleaned it after every use.

My days are pretty hectic with constantly cleaning up ( I feel like it), along with toddler groups, nursery runs and day to day living but I love that come 6.30pm when the kids go to bed I have the whole evening, every evening, to myself to sit and do nothing but chill out.

My OH does help out. But unless mess is right infront of him he doesn't see it like I do. :haha:

We didnt have a potty, but when he used a toilet seat, I used to wash it after every use.

I forgot the doors (once a week), kitchen & bathrooms ceilings once or twice a year. All the house is painted once a year.

I dont leave any dishes in the sink, everything is washed/ put in dish washer immediately.

Handbags- the ones that are washable I wash them in washing machine, leather ones are wiped & back in their cloth bags after every use (I have around 60? I dont know)

We have two shoe cabinets, those are cleaned once a week, no shoes goes in without wiping them.

Big toys (kitchen, garage, etc) are cleaned with water & soap once a week. Windows (we have glass panels from floor to ceiling) once a week.

Vacuum is emptied & wiped every two days.

There is still more! Soap & tooth brushes holders, candles burners, etc.

I think I suffer form OCD :rofl:

^^^ this is no ocd this is just bein extreme clean lol .. Wow the last time my curtains were cleaned mayb last year??
My oh really bad at cleanin the once I refused to do his dishes they even grew mould n I gave in n threw everythin away lol .. How often do u wash the inside or outside of ur car ?? - mayb gosh lol once a month ..

My car is like a skip on wheels it's pretty minging to be honest. Keep meaning to gut it but never seem to get round to it.

Car- need to do better
Dishwasher on once a day
washing machine on prob once a day on average- try to get a few wears out of adult outfits and all pjs but lucky to get a day out of a child's outfit.
Bed linen changed every week usually but can stretch to a fortnight
Go through about 3 tea towels and 3 cloths a day! 3 yr old likes spilling.

I'm not great at cleaning but I am a good tidier!

Dust and dry mop at least once a day
Mop the floors with dettol every 2 days
I wipe down the kitchen before and after cooking every day
Dishes get stuffed in the dishwasher or washed immediately after use
The two bathrooms we use get wiped down every day and all three get scrubbed top to bottom every week
Bed sheets once a week
Towels every couple of days
Balconies, ironing, windows, doors, kitchen cabinets, moving couches etc get done once every 2 weeks when the cleaning lady comes over, unless I NEED to do them in the meantime.
I wash the shower curtain once a week
Bags get wiped down and put in their dust bags whenever I change the one I'm carrying
Clothes get washed after wearing once except for jeans that we wear 3-4 times (but never go back in the closet with the clean clothes)
I wipe down my make up cases and make up once a week
Crystals once a week with vinegar and a good wash
Chandeliers and curtains every six months
I have some antique Japanese furniture that I do with a special oil every six months and takes a day to do

I also tidy the main living room like 3 times a day since it's where we spend most of our time lol

I can't stand my house not being perfect :blush: I think I'm going to have an interesting time adjusting to not having everything 100% perfect when the baby gets here :blush:

I forgot to mention that I dont know how to iron
All this cleanin makes me think my house is pretty darn dirty .. With a baby around or toddler I can understand y ppl font clean their car as soon as I clean it, its a mess again haha
Wen you eat out do u clean your cutlery? Noo lol ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->