how often do you clean...

Lol to cleaning your bag...

any tips on how to keep your face clean and clear and how often you should clean it?

I agree about the question about make up just think alll the eye infections or funny stuff you would get if you didnt clean it..

wow ladies .. this cleaning makes me tired reading it!!

You all have made me feel like a complete slob!! I always thought my house was moderately clean, but now i'm not so sure.

Vacuum: every week or every other week
Toilets: Every 2 weeks-ish.... or when they start to look dirty.
wipe down kitchen counters/stove: every day or every other day depending on if we've cooked.
Shower: every few weeks i'll spray it with clorox shower cleaner.
Towels: Once a month (maybe?)
Bedsheets: Every other month?
Dogs: every 7 weeks - they go to the groomers
Blinds: never
Oven: never
Fridge: MAYBE every 6 months
Sweep: once a week
Laundry: every 2 weeks, or when i run out of clothes.
Dust: every 3 months

Generally, I clean when I start to notice things getting dirty. My favorite saying is "a clean house is a sign of a wasted life." My life is much too busy working full time, going to Grad school full time, and being a mom. Any free time i have is spent playing with my baby, with husband, doing homework, or relaxing. I'd much rather spend time with my family than live in an immaculate house (which is really funny, because i grew up with a clean-freak mom who is constantly cleaning and who vacuumed at least 2x a day)

Kitchen- once or twice a day
Towels/tea towels/face cloths- Everyday or as used
Toilets- Everyday quick bleach
Vacuuming- Daily
Hair- Every other day
Kid's hair- Every other day
Teeth brushing- twice a day
Mopping the floor- 3 times a week
Ironing- 2/3 times a week
Shower- As used
Bed sheets- Weekly
Laundry- daily as used
Inside fridge and oven- Weekly
Dogs- Go to groomers every 6 weeks (Both are white, chihuahua and Bichion, Bichion is a pup and have to shower her weekly as she get's rotten :haha:)
Rabbit- Cage weekly, litterbox every otherday
Windows- weekly
Dust- weekly
Blinds- monthly

I work full time but still like a tidy house and feel I spend good quality time with my girls? Xxx

Kitchen - Once a day
Towels - About twice a week
Toilets - Twice a week properly and quick squirt of bleach daily.
Vacuuming - Once/twice a day because our dog leaves hair EVERYWHERE!
Hair - Every 2-3 days.
Teeth brushing - twice daily
Mopping the floor - once a week
Ironing - only on a special occasion! I tumble dry everything so don't need to.
Shower - after use
Bed sheets - every 2 weeks
Laundry - Twice a day
Inside fridge and oven - about every 3weekish? Haha
Dogs - Everyday, we have a white dog that gets veerry dirty!
Windows - every month
Dust - daily
X

Kitchen- once or twice a day at least
Towels and face cloths- evry other day
Teatowels-everyday, sometimes more
Toilets- Everyday with harpic
Vacuuming- Every otherday unless anyone is coming round then may do a quick hoover up
Hair- Every other day
Kid's hair- twice a week
Teeth brushing- twice a day
Mopping the floor-once a week
Ironing- when the pile gets big!
Shower- daily
Bed sheets- Weekly, LO is every otherday and clean sleeping bag at same time
Laundry- I put a load on everyday if not 2
Inside fridge and oven- Weekly-DH cleans the oven each sun-oven pride is fab :
Windows- harly ever! clean the window sills everytime I hoover
Dust- when hoovering up
Blinds- once a week only in the kitchen
Curtains-I wash our door curtain 3-4 times a year (only up Oct-March time) I washed the living room curtains today and shrunk them, they had been up since may-whoops!

xxxx

You all have made me feel like a complete slob!! I always thought my house was moderately clean, but now i'm not so sure.

wipe down kitchen counters/stove: every day or every other day depending on if we've cooked.

Generally, I clean when I start to notice things getting dirty. My favorite saying is "a clean house is a sign of a wasted life." My life is much too busy working full time, going to Grad school full time, and being a mom. Any free time i have is spent playing with my baby, with husband, doing homework, or relaxing. I'd much rather spend time with my family than live in an immaculate house (which is really funny, because i grew up with a clean-freak mom who is constantly cleaning and who vacuumed at least 2x a day)

i just read your shower bit completely wrong.. i thought u meant YOU only shower every few weeks :haha::haha: ahh that made me giggle!

Kitchen- every time i wash up so up to 3 times a day
Towels and face cloths- at least once a week
Teatowels- i have a habit of smelling them lol so if they dont smell nice they do in the wash so prob every over day?
Toilets- bleach every other day (or more often depending on my OH ass motions :growlmad:)
Vacuuming- at least once a day! NEVER buy a red carpet.. it shows up every piece of rubbish lol
Hair-every other day
Kid's hair- twice a week
Teeth brushing- every morning (my dentist said i have great teeth and ive never had a filling)
Mopping the floor-once a week
Ironing- pfttt i dont do ironing at all!
Shower- daily
Bed sheets- use to be once a week but tumble dryer broke so more like once every 14 days
Laundry- hmm depends, at lest 2 loads a day
Inside fridge and oven- whenever i can remember lol
Windows-once in the last 2 year :blush:
Dust- once a week, we have a black glass tv unit that we do every few days beause it shows every spec of dust
Blinds- they fell down lol so not at the mo
Curtains-erm.. havent washed em yet and i got them sept 2011 *oops*

i just read your shower bit completely wrong.. i thought u meant YOU only shower every few weeks :haha::haha: ahh that made me giggle!

oh, disgusting!! HA! No way.. i shower daily. that would be disgusting! Can you imagine the stink? EW!!

You people clean a lot. Does anyone work full time and still clean that much?!? Like seriously? I work 40 hours, I see LO for maybe 2-3 hours per day, I'm not wasting it cleaning. I am lucky if I get dinner made. I'm home alone with LO every night (DH works) and every weekend (DH works). I do enough cleaning to keep us living the next week, but beyond that I hardly have the time!

I clean bedsheets -ever 2-4 weeks
Towels - every 10 days or so, whenever we run out of clean ones
Hair or childs hair - 1x week
Shower - less than 1x month (cleaning, not taking!)
Dishes - 2-3x per week, I do it twice on the weekend and maybe DH does once during the week
Clothes - 1x per week, on the weekened
Teeth - 1x per day
Wash hand bag or school bags: Never
Dog - every few months
Floors - When they get dirty, maybe 1x week
Vacuum - every other week
Windows - haven't cleaned them since we moved in, the blinds stayed down all summer to keep the heat out.

Totally me!

I also work 40+ hours a week....and seeing as we're always out and about, it doesn't always need doing :lol:

I work full time:

Sweep floors : 3 times a week
Mop: once a week
Polish/dust; twice a week (can't stand dust)
Wash clothes:everyday
Bedding: once a week
Towels: as and when used
Bathroom: twice a week
Toilet: daily
Hoover: once a week (rugs and stairs)
Windows; whenever they look dirty (probs once every 2 weeks)
Leather sofa: twice a week

My mum minds my daughter while I work at my house so she washes pots and other little things every day :)

Everyday I:
Bleach kitchen counters and table
Empty/load dishwasher and do some dishes

Every other day I:
Hoover and clean the bathrooms- includes replacing towels and bath mats
Replace kitchen tea towels
Wash pets food and water bowls
Do nappy laundry

Once a week I:
Change beds (sometimes it is two or three for the kids if they are sick/have an accident)
Do light and dark washes
Wash towels, bed sheets and bath matts.
Deep clean the kitchen- clean oven, windows, mop floor
Tidy the different rooms in the house- polish, clean windows, de clutter etc.

Am i the only one who just does things when they need doing?

Generally speaking i hoover everyday , clean bathrooms every few days maybe a week if its not dirty. dust when it needs doing so maybe a couple of weeks? I try and change sheets every 2 weeks but it depends on how big my washing pile is already, so at most 4 weeks. I put washing in everyday. I've never cleaned my bag but i will do that today haha. I wash my curtains every year. bath mats get washed when they look a bit tired so every 2 weeks or so. I clean the kitchen multiple times a day including wiping over cupboards. (thanks cream cupboards!) Mop maybe twice a week?

I just do things when i see they need doing.

OH and I work full time and even if we had the time we wouldn't have the energy to be vacuuming the place daily. Things get done as they need doing or sometimes a few days later :haha:

The apartment isn't dirty though, sometimes just very messy. On days where I get to see my LO for two hours, I spend those hours with her and then relax if she's in bed early.

My SIL told me a nice quote too, as even when I spend a lot of time trying to tidy it doesn't always work out! ''Cleaning up while kids are growing is like shovelling snow while it's still snowing''. It's impossible to even load the dishwasher without LO having made a huge mess somewhere else in that time

You all make me feel so bad. I don't clean anywhere near as much as you ladies. I hate housework, and only do what needs doing when it needs doing.

ETA: I do maintain high standards of personal hygiene, even if my house is messy - just wanted to clear that up, wasn't sure that that was completely clear from my post!

Kitchen - At least once a day
Downstairs Loo - Clean every other day, bleach everyday
Hoover and Polish Downstairs - every day (messy kids!)
Hoover and Polish upstairs - Twice a week maybe 3
Bathroom - Twice a week, bleach loo everyday
Tidy up CONSTANTLY it feels!!!
Washing - 1 load a day
Bed Sheets - Once a week
Dishwasher is emptied of a morning and loaded up throughout the day
Windows - Once a month........... By a window cleaner :haha:

You all make me feel so bad. I don't clean anywhere near as much as you ladies. I hate housework, and only do what needs doing when it needs doing.

ETA: I do maintain high standards of personal hygiene, even if my house is messy - just wanted to clear that up, wasn't sure that that was completely clear from my post!

I am the same, feeling messy reading through this thread! We mainly clean up when we are expecting visitors :haha:

Does anyone try include there lo in cleaning? I believe in independence ..

Does anyone try include there lo in cleaning? I believe in independence ..

DS (27 months) has a little cleaning kit :haha:. He has an empty polish can which just sprays air, a spray bottle with water and a couple of drops of lavender or tea tree oil in, a dust pan and brush and various dusters/cloths. He is good at cleaning windows, wiping and hoovering. Although he hoovered up a plastic bag a few days ago and the noise scared him so he's giving the hoover a wide berth! :haha:

I do
Vacuum or sweep: daily, my dining room gets hoovered twice a day as otherwise it's a sea of crumbs.
Mop:every other day.
Toilets: Weekly
wipe down kitchen counters/stove: quick wipe every day, wash down every 3 days usually.
Bathrooms: weekly
Towels: Weekly
Bedsheets: every other week
Oven: inside- never :haha:. The top- weekly
Fridge: whenever I spill milk, maybe once a month.
Laundry: Daily.
Nappy laundry: every 2-3 days
Dust and polish: every other week
Clean windows: weekly (inside; outside whenever a bird poops on them :haha:)
Wash dishes: the dish washer goes on daily and I do pans and other large items daily, after I've finished cooking for the day.
Iron: when someone dies or gets married and DH needs an ironed shirt:blush:
Shower: daily
Was hair: every other day for me, every few days for DS, once a moth if that for DD. I'm scared I'll wash of what little hair she has :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->