How often? please answer, getting very paranoid!!

mum2be257

Reaction score
i am 23 weeks and last week she was moving constantly for the day and night, since then hardly anything! Although i think during the night I might be getting some pretty hard kicks, vaguely remember jumping in the night and waking in a bit of pain, as though i have been kicked hard! is this normal? How often should you feel them?

My midwife said as long as you feel a movement/kick per day, you shouldn't worry hun.

I want to say (from what I read in my pregnancy book) you should start counting movements around 28wks... till then, it can be more sporadic. Wish I had a better answer for you... but long as your feeling movement, that's a good thing hun :)

If you have concerns, I would ring your MW or Doctor... that is what they are there for. I've certainly called mine up a couple times with questions... even when I felt silly doing so. They were always very sweet and answered them for me.

My lo seems to have v active days then is quiet for 2 - 3 days where I dont really feel him at all, I am assuming that is when maybe he has changed position and is facing into my back so I would not feel him then. I have a doppler for reassurance which I do use now and then when he is quiet. My MW told me that at this stage the movement is not consistent and I am not to worry..

Im a couple of weeks in front of you and my movements still vary from day to day so try not to worry yourself :) I also have a doppler which I sometimes use just for that extra bit reasurrance xx

hey i dont think you should be worrying at this point as your not meant to start counting kicks until 3rd tri. as long as your still feeling her :)

i get paranoid aswell, but then have to remember that were still only 23 weeks which is quite early for constant kicks

agreed with everyone else you shouldnt worry till around 28 weeks. Im 26 weeks and there is plenty days he is crazy then others I maybe feel one kick. Today is one of those days that I only felt him when I woke up this morning then nothing. I used my doppler and everything is okay! Dont worry yourself too much hun!

if u feel her move everyday, there should never be a day when u dont feel her move. thats what my midwife said a few days ago

I agree with what has been said, although I feel movement everyday now for a while it wasn't so consistent and I heard that babies move less when having a growth spurt as they are using so much energy on that. I'm 26 weeks and yesterday I drank ice cold orange juice, ate chocolate...everything to get some movement as I'd not had any in a while. I paid for it that evening though when I got kicked for the whole night. Try not to worry as long as there is some movement then all is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->