How old before ear and eye tests?

Elli21

Reaction score
How old do they have to be??
I know they do some forms of tests at birth, but how old do they have to be to do another test??

My daughter will shout when its quiet and im sitting right next to her..i tell her to stop shoutikng..so she whispers..im not sure if this is a sign of hearing difficulties??
Also she does have speech problems ... but i was so sure it had nothing to do with her hearing, but this shouting has got me thinking.

hiya hun,

Firstly I would say contact your dr/hv to get a hearing test done. They really wont have anymore of these tests unless you think there is a specific problem.

I found this little checklist for signs of hearing loss so have a little read.

Preschool & Older Hearing Checklist
It is important to observe your child for any signs of potential hearing loss.

Does your child:

(1) Turn up the volume of the TV excessively high?

(2) Respond inappropriately to questions?

(3) Not reply when you call him/her?

(4) Watch others to imitate what they are doing?

(5) Have articulation problems or speech/language delays?

(6) Have problems academically?

(7) Complain of earaches, ear pain or head noises?

(8) Have difficulty understanding what people are saying?

(9) Seem to speak differently than other children his or her age?

While these signs don't necessarily mean that your child has a hearing problem, they could be indicators of one. If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, or if you suspect your child may have difficulty hearing, contact the PAMF Center for Hearing Health to schedule an evaluation with an audiologist.

I hope this helps hun:hugs:

Like mamafy said contact your doc or health visitor. Grace had a hearing test at about 6 months or so and was fine so another one won't be done.

I did have slight hearing problems as a child and had hearing test every 12 months until i was about 11 yrs old. I grew out of it i think.

As for the eyes, i took Grace with me when she was 2 for her first one.

Just ask your DR/HV.. they can get you a referral through if you think there is a problem.. I've recently had to do this with my youngest son (2.5) for his eyes because there was a problem no-one else picked up on.

Good luck

Humm intresting I was just thinking the same thing , I want to get max's eyes checked since both me and daddy wear glasses I wonder if he will need some too DH got his when he was 12 months old

i would speak to the hv about your concerns over her hearing. Nicole was exactly the same and now has to have gromits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->