How old was your lo when they started walking? And did they ever have a walker?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
There's a lot of opinion on walkers and if they help or hinder lo's walking. Poppy never ever had one (not that I'm against them, we just never got her one!) and took her first steps at 9 months and 2 days. So if you look at ONLY my situation, it would seem that not using a walker meant she walked very early. I probably wouldn't agree with this in general, but I am interested in if you used one and when your lo started walking? And if you think using one/not using one led to your lo walking early/late? :flower:

i have one she loves her walker she flys around the house init hehe. she has started taken steps she can walk from person to person if we are sitting quite close but her only problem is she gets over excited and started almost running and ends up almost falling we have to catch her bless her.

lol! poppy still does that!

its the cutest thing. i do panic when she does it though but its so funny her little face is so cute and she screeches and claps herself after as she thinks shes been quite clever haha. she even claps herself when shes in the walker exscaping out of the living room and i have 2 go running after her she thinks thats clever to haha.

My Lao started walking at around 11 months he's got a walker but can't even touch the floor init (and he's not small lol) so he's never used it as a walker! x

My 5 year old DIDN'T have a walker and walked the day after her first birthday.

My 18 month old DID have a walker and walked about 3 days after her first birthday.

So the walker made no difference where mine are concerned :shrug:

I do have to say tho the LO spent very little time in it. Maybe 2 hours spread over a week??

our apartment room space is just small so we opted not to buy him a walker, but LO improvised his own walker. A Plastic chair which he pushes across d room. LOL!
He used it less than a week as he like to hold on more to the sides. He started walking independently two weeks before 10 months.

i have two vids to share , the improvised walker and the first time he walk on his own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR20Ckf7fo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mMs0eG0ZwE

Awwww baby Vince is so cute!!!!:thumbup:

Nuke what exactly is a baby walker hun? I always thought they were like a trolley thing that the baby holds and pushes, or are they something they sit in and use their feet to get around?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ZUX...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003ZUXXLK

my two both walked just before 11 months

LO never used a walker but was cruising like a pro as soon as he could crawl which was 7-8 months! SIL lent us a walker (sit in one) and he just literally sat in it, he never used his feet to get him around, wheras if he was holding onto anything or his push along walker, ride on trucks etc he would run around the room. He was standing unaided for long periods of time from 9 months but he didnt take his first steps until just turned 10 months. He too gets rather excited then falls over lol. He still crawls above walking though, it is not his preffered method of movement atm! His walking record is 10 steps before falling over lol :)

My LO is 9 months old, she isn't walking yet, and we haven't bought her a walker.

But...

* I took my first steps on my first birthday, so 12 months old.
* My big brother took his at 14 months old
* My little brother took his at 7.5 months old

NONE of us had or used walkers.

We had a walker and she walked at 8 months. I have a video on Facebook if anyone needs proof :rofl:

We're all late walkers in our family (except me) and Ruby was no exception - she walked at 17.5 months. She had enough strength in her legs for months - but she just didn't have the balance until then.

She didn't have a walker.

our apartment room space is just small so we opted not to buy him a walker, but LO improvised his own walker. A Plastic chair which he pushes across d room. LOL!
He used it less than a week as he like to hold on more to the sides. He started walking independently two weeks before 10 months.

i have two vids to share , the improvised walker and the first time he walk on his own!

Wow what a clever little boy :thumbup: x

So clever & so cute!!! x

Awwww baby Vince is so cute!!!!:thumbup:

Nuke what exactly is a baby walker hun? I always thought they were like a trolley thing that the baby holds and pushes, or are they something they sit in and use their feet to get around?

i mean the ones they sit in! poppy has one of the pushalong ones, but obviously doesnt need it, she just enjoys pushing it about and beeping the horn!:haha:

DS is 13 mos now. He was cruising between 8.5-9 mos and walking at 10 mos 3 days. He had a sit-in walker and his own daddy's old push walker (with blocks in the base). He enjoyed pushing the sit-in walker more...but I don't honestly think the walkers made too much of a difference, really. He just had no fear when it came to walking...or much of anything still, for that matter.

I think what it comes down to is leg stregth, balance and confidence. Our niece is 5 mos older than DS and was cruising for months and months and even though she could physically take the steps to walk, she was very tentative and once she realised what she was doing she would sit down. They both chase each other around the room now!

our son had a walker, he was walking unaided arms in the air like a monkey at 9mths.
our daughter has a walker too and she is 7mths just and can stand already holding onto the sofa and has just started crawling albeit in reverse so I don't see it hindering her either.
But...
my best friends had her little girl in a walker before she even showed signs of crawling, 4.5mths ish and she only took her first steps at 14mths unaided, 12mths cruising and she still walks tip-toe (like she did in the walkeras her feet never touched the ground)... so I don't know???
maybe if they spend too much time in it like everything they don't really learn if you see what I mean???

Jen had a walker. She walked at nine months. I'd heard they are supposed to delay walking, but that wasn't the case for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->