How old..

AK89

Reaction score
... does LO have to be before she can go longer than 4 hours between feeds, eg. through the night? I know I'm nowhere there yet at one week in, just kinda curious is all! :)

With my eldest we were told we didn't need to wake to feed once he'd regained his birth weight & getting enough wet & soiled nappies which is usually around the 2 week mark.

Once they have regained birthweight you shouldn't need a schedule if they are gaining weight well. If they are continuing to be slow in weight gain you'll probably be told to wake LO if she/he has gone longer than x amount of time between feeds. Thing is sometimes health professionals forget to tell you (I was still setting alarms through the night when I didn't have to because no-one told me to stop) and no-one on this forum knows your baby's individual circumstances and needs so just ask ask ask your nurse/doctor/health visitor. There are no stupid questions.

To be honest I don't have to wake her now, she wakes me at nearly the same time every night! But I was just wondering if the times between feeds start to get a bit longer (which I'm hoping they do at some point..!) would I have to start waking her.. She only lost 4oz at last midwife visit on Monday so hopefully should be back up to birth weight soon and I can just continue to follow her lead :thumbup:

As long as they are gaining well, producing enough wet/dirty nappies and aren't jaundice I think?

My baby goes between 3-6 hours at night. I only wake him if he's grunting lots and I can't sleep cause of it haha.

My DD is 6 weeks and she did 5 hours between feeds the other night. She was sleeping peacefully so I didn't wake her (my boobs were telling me otherwise).

When she did wake she latched on right away had a nice long feed and went back to sleep....lovely.

The last two nights he's done 8 hours. He's 12 weeks old and ebf x

I'm so jealous! My 8 week old has only gone 4 hours twice. I fantasize about the day he goes 5 ;)

My lo is 4 and half months and longest he has gone is 6 hours. Right now it's every 3 :-( he has never really cluster fed which doesn't help but I try offering regular feeds in the few hours before bed

Um, 10 months? And even then she still woke up more frequently than that, just not for milk. :haha:

It's really very different for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->