How organised are you?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm a planner. I've always been a planner. Spontanaeity doesn't exactly go very well with me and I definitely prefer to be over prepared than under prepared. Unfortunately I'm not prepared at all for this little baby :dohh:

I'm 26 weeks now and I've literally got a small handful of clothes, the perfect prep machine (I plan on ff) and a few little hand me downs like a carry cot. I know we don't need everything under the sun but I thought I would be so much more prepared by now! We are finally getting around to painting the baby's room this weekend which I'm hoping will get the ball rolling and we can be prepared soon enough!

Is anyone else feeling incredibly unprepared?!

I am lol not necessarily for baby but for everything else!

I've bought him 0-3 month clothing, a double pushchair (I'll have a 15mo as well), a car seat and bedding. So he's not doing too badly

What I'm lacking in is the logistics! My 15mo will need to go in with my 4yo. We need to buy a suitable bunk bed, a larger wardrobe and a larger chest of drawers to accommodate them both so then baby can have the nursery including the chest of drawers which is currently in there as his clothes are taking over my wardrobe! I'm 25w today but will band induced at 37w so I have 12w to get everything sorted and find the pennies to do so aha

I'm a bit of both though. I like being spontaneous in terms of days/nights out but life in general I like to be planned - or at least have a thought pattern, pay scale and time for it to be done in

:flow:

I have never been organised for anything in my life, I wasnt even organised enough to remember to take a pregnancy even at nearly 2 weeks late, I drive OH crazy, thanks to him we have a pram/carrycot/carseat, I have picked a few bargains along the way but for no other reason than I like shopping :haha:

This baby has no where to sleep or anything to sleep in unless I pull my finger out soon :wacko:

I did rearrange all my large cupboards and lose a lot of crap so that was a start but I get distracted easy so nothing else has been done since :blush:

I like to be organised for things like this but with a couple of toddlers already there isn't much time for it. It didn't help that I was in bed for 6 weeks with HG in tri 1 either. Just taking things one day at a time now and hoping things won't be too chaotic when baby comes!

I am in the exact same place as you except our nursery is painted ;)

The other night I had a dream that baby was born and all I had for it was a knitted onsie that I came home in as a new born. Worst part seemed to be that I didn't even know how to wash this hand knitted onsie...

Right now I blame this unpreparedness on living on a small island...

I'm pretty organised with regards to baby, literally have everything, just need nappies and crib sheets.

However the house is in chaos, which we need to get done asap and I can't see it all getting done 😞, we need to wallpaper lounge, touch up kitchen, move all other children's room around, meaning re- painting three rooms, knock down a partition wall, have some electrics done and replaster and decorate the whole of the hallway and landing and carpet. Plus we need to do all of this ourselves apart from the plastering and electrics due to financial restraints. Xx

I still have quite a few bits to get but i have budgeted £150pm (aug,sept,oct) so cant actually buy the stuff until im paid per month. Bit annoying but iv decided thats the way im doing it no using the credit card. I feel pretty ready because i know ehat im buying with the £150 each month.
House wise i want quite a few things done and thats the main thing i want done by the time baby gets here as i know when i have newborn, 2 and 3 year old decorating and doing big clearouts will be near impossible.

This is number 4...so I know that I dont need to stress. Nothing needs to be ready immediatly. All baby needs is nappies, few clothes and feed. Things like playmat we can get whenever x

I am completely unprepared. I don't have anything. I've been out of work due to sickness and Just was written to go back . So I'm so far behind it's crazy . I have no clothes nothing I'm 23 weeks

My house has been organized. Babys room is clean, everything has been super clean.
I have written down what I need to buy, what stores have the best deals on what items and the prices of everything.
I have only bought a few things online. A baby monitor, a crib, mattress and some sheets.
Nothing is set up yet, essentially I have nothing ready. There is still plenty of time left so I'm not too concerned.

I'm not worried about much as I have everything from my other two.
Babies don't need much at all!

The only thing I am thinking about is changing over to cloth nappies, and trying to find a great value set.
And then think about a better sling for baby when a few months old.

I'm feeling a little better now that I've got the room painted. There is a tonne to prepare and buy but we are going shopping for a pram/car seat on Sunday with the in-laws which will be another thing ticked off the list! Woo hoo!

I'm first time pregnant and have never been a planner. My hubby is one though, he plans everything so diligently, why bother? :)

Also, in our culture, it is not considered auspicious to plan for the unborn child. Nevertheless, my sister in law has already bought a lot of stuff for the baby, which she plans to gift after I deliver, so I guess we're sorted.

We have zeroed in on two cribs, one of our house and one to keep at my parents', whenever I visit. My hubby will be buying them as soon as I deliver.

We need to convert our computer room into a bedroom for DD as the upcoming twins are going to take over the baby room. We also need to get rid of my hatchback and get a 7 seater suv so that one of us can sit in the back and feed/take care of them while on longer haul trips. I can't get myself to clean out the trunk of my car to sell it and I need to do this asap. The bedroom can wait although it'd be nice to transition DD into it earlier so that she's used to sleeping in there before twins come. We also need one more crib and a few more winter bunting suits as DD has outgrown her baby suits and the third child will need a baby bunting suit too. Oh so much work! Why can't the stork send us secretaries along with these babies?

@mumof5 - I am completely in the same kind of boat! We've been in our new house a little under a year and have spent most of our extra funds in straightening up all that was left untended outdoors.. Now I've got to paint all of the downstairs which includes drywall repair. We've got to build a wall, move a heater vent and some electrical to make a nursery downstairs as we've decided we don't want to put DD upstairs for awhile.. Also, my bathroom really needs redone as my shower is leaking.. ugh
However, I believe even right now before our shower that we have plenty of clothes already lol.. Also, all the nursery furniture is already at my house along with the crib bedding. And the carseat/stroller combo has been purchased.. So it could be worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->