how soon can you fly?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
My honeymoon is when I am 22 weeks and I thought I would be ok but my MIL is really worried and wants me to check it out but without a midwife or any one to speak to regarding the pregnancy I have to ask you guys!

Any ideas?
x

as far as I know it is ok. You just need to make sure you move about often.

xx

hun is ok to fly up to 26 weeks pregnant. From that time foward the best thing is to go to the doctors and get him to write that is ok to fly. The only time is not ok is if you had problems with the pregnancy. But is never wrong to ask the doctor or midwife.

thats fine. We are going first class too so will have LOTS of room yippeeee!
x

Just make sure you drink plenty of water, get an aisle seat so you can go to the loo a lot if you need to (which you probably will) and stand up and walk about a lot cos you're more prone to DVT when preggers apparently.

22 weeks is 2nd tri which is the best time to fly cos you shouldn't feel as sick as in 1st tri.

You timed it perfectly, well done! x

hey - pregnant ladies have a higher rsk of thrombosis on long haul flights but as long as you are doing exercises etc on the flight you should be ok. Short hauls arent an issue (but still do the exercises)...I know after a certain stage (late in pregnancy, at like 30 weeks) you can't fly unless you have a GP note - but you should check the actual week (its defo not 22 weeks though) so you should be fine!

I am flying out to Cyprus in June with someone who will be 28 weeks so its still ok then.

x

we will be going to the MALDIVES!!! Cant wait!
xxx

I'm going away at the weekend with the girls (only a 2 hour flight) - haven't found anything to say that I can't, only that I might not feel like it!

Most airlines will take you up to 3rd tri/30 weeks (depends what you read) and might want a doctor's note after that....

First class to Maldives.... amazing! Certainly a honeymoon to remember!

hell yea. hiring a privtae island for the day too!
xx

Well, I guess you only get married once, certainly making the most of it - can't say I blame you!

I would definately check with your doctor as they usually have to agree to it (to be covered by insurance) and also check within your insurance policy as most of the companies opt out of insuring pregnant women at some point.

It is advised not to travel on smaller planes that are unpressurised (not sure if you'd be doing that? eg-Island hopping etc) and also there is a small / negligable risk of higher radiation at higher altitude. (It is not really relevant as you're not an airhostess travelling each day of the week long haul but a risk you may want to know about anyway)

I hope you have a lovely honeymoon/babymoon! It sounds like bliss
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back