How Soon Did You Tell Your Parents?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
I was just wondering how far along you were when you told your parents? What about your best friends?

I know the rule of thumb is don't tell anyone until the second trimester, but I was thinking of telling my parents on mother's day since I'll be over there and I can't wait to tell them! I'll be 7.5 weeks pregnant at that time. I wonder if that's too soon.

I'm thinking of telling my 3 best friends next weekend. It's early, but unless I can successfully avoid them for the next 8 weeks, they're going to figure it out. We're drinkers, and the second I order a water instead of a vodka and cranberry, they're gonna know anyway.

Acquaintances and extended family will find out in the second trimester.

How far along were you when you told your close friends and family?

I told everyone almost as soon as I found out, so 3-4 weeks.

I told my Mum on the day I got my BFP and I told my Dad 3 days later. I have suffered a previous loss and they were absolutely amazing during that time, I would want their support whatever happens.

Only me and DH so far. I will have a scan at 9 weeks and if all is good might tell the parents then and maybe siblings too. Otherwise it will be after the 12 week scan.
After losses at 8+6 and 10wks I'm very cautious. Also my in-laws can't keep secrets to save themselves!!!!

I phoned my Mum as soon as I'd peed on all three (I was just making sure!) tests! Turns out, she already knew, apparently she'd had one of her "funny feelings" all week and was just waiting for the call! She told my Dad (my Dad doesn't do phonecalls!).

I told work at 4.5 weeks, because my job is really quite active, all the bending down was making me feel sick and I'd been put on all the delivery shifts (lifting heavy stuff) for the next three weeks.

I'm 5 weeks now and I've just told my sister, because I'm going for an early scan tomorrow, and she had one when she was pregnant and I wanted to know what it was like!

Everyone else can wait as far as I'm concerned, until I have a nice picture to show them. We're not telling my partners parents because they're quite conservative, and we're not married yet (we will be in 3 weeks time) so they won't know until 12 weeks.

I told my best friend within 5 minutes of finding out BC I was the second person she told besides her hubby.
I told my close close friends the next day because they were already suspecting and I couldn't hold it in.

We are having dinner tonight with my mom, hubby's parents, his sister and her husband. I found out on my bday and we usually have a family birthday dinner. So they suspect nothing is up.. I'm going to open a present from my hubby that has a baby blanket and onesie in it :)

I found out at 4 weeks, told the rents and close friends at 5 weeks! Will tell my grandparents in the next week or two :flower:

Still haven't :p Told my best friend after my 7 week scan though but that's because she knew about one of my previous miscarriages, and I knew she wouldn't tell anyone etc.

I only found out today and I already told my sister but I think we're going to tell our parents soon. We had a loss last month and told people but we got that support, which we wouldn't of got if it was just me and OH that knew. So were just going to do things the same this time round

I told my mum and my best friend the day I found out. I won't be telling other people but told family and best friend

I only found out today and I already told my sister but I think we're going to tell our parents soon. We had a loss last month and told people but we got that support, which we wouldn't of got if it was just me and OH that knew. So were just going to do things the same this time round

Mummy to be x remember you from another thread, congrats :) :flower:

I called my aunt a few days after bfp. Told my best friend and her mom this weekend. We're waiting until Mother's day to tell our parents. Everyone else will be later when we're ready.

I told my mom, dad and brother the day I got my bfp. I was 3 weeks.

We told my MIL last week (at 11 weeks - I'm 12+2 now)....and I wish we had waited longer.

We have an u/s on Wednesday and will tell others after that!

Have not told anyone yet. MIL suspects as she keeps hinting if we are breaking any news every time we call her. We are having our NT scan this week and will call parents on both sides this weekend and let them know. Friends will also probably be over the weekend and next week as we see them. Telling work around week 15, I work from home majority of the time and travel to office once a quarter. Around week 15 I'll be in office, so I'll let manager and director know face to face.

Thank you, can't believe I'm finally here!! :happydance:

Thank you, can't believe I'm finally here!! :happydance:

Just realised where your from! Im also a yorkshire lassy! :happydance: How many weeks are you chick? :hugs:

We have a bet - hubby thinks I wont keep my mouth shut until 12 weeks so I am trying my hardest not to spill. One friend knows purely because she guessed when she told me she is pregnant!

i told my immediate family yesterday at about 12 weeks. not got NT scan until next week. will hopefully tell my boss at about 15 weeks if i can keep my bump under wraps until then.

not sure when we are telling the in-laws. we probably won't announce to friends and it will just come out as when...

im in a bit of an akward situation where quite a lot of my friends are ttcing their second baby and im already onto my third..........

I told a couple of very close friends almost straight away, then my parents and my in-laws on Mothers Day when I was around 7/40. We also told both our sisters then. I've told one friend at work as it's useful to have someone there who knows in case I'm feeling rubbish, but have told no one else. Essentially, the people I told were the people I'd want to support me if anything went wrong. Everyone else can find out after the scan.

As soon as my second "pregnant 3+ weeks" that night showed up - about 2am ;) I turned out to be 7 weeks gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->