How Soon Did You Tell Your Parents?

We told our parents after my 8 week ultrasound and saw heartbeat

told my mum as soon as I found out, the rest of my family and DH's family this weekend (so 5 weeks)- we kept it quiet from most people with my first but it was so hard with how sick I got so just came out with it this time

Thanks ladies! Good to know there's no absolute rule when it comes to telling the people close to you. I talked to DH about it last night. We agreed I would tell my parents on Mother's day. We will tell the MIL in the second trimester (she's not the best at keeping secrets).

As for my friends, I'm still undecided. This weekend is my birthday, so I was thinking about inviting them out for brunch and telling them. i just can't keep it to myself!!! Also, one of my besties is pregnant with her first as well, and I want to talk pregnancy things with her. Plus, if the worst DID happen, I'm pretty sure I would need their support anyway, so I might as well tell them now.

I told a close friend of mine (I don't see her as she still lives down in London) when I was around 10 weeks too - she knew we were going to be trying soon and asked how it was going. I wasn't going to lie! Turns out she was 7 weeks pregnant but sadly lost her baby a few weeks later :nope:

I told my parents and best friends last week, so I was 9 weeks :)

Told my best friends the next day. Told my family that weekend so I was about 4 weeks. I'm still slowly telling everyone else. I told my boss after my 6 week check up to give him a heads up.

My mom was there when I found out with my son and I told her, my dad, and best friend the same day with this one, told my mil a few days later out of fear f their reaction, high they're over the moon excited :)

With DD I waited it out. told my bestie at 8w only because I was staying with her for 2 weeks and she would totally notice the puking and not drinking. But I waited to tell everyone else until after 12 weeks! It was easy because we lived remotely and didn't see anyone.

Now I bumped again (exactly 4w) I think. I found out Easter Sunday at 330am. Told DH with my pee stick in an egg and wanted to tell everyone because the whole family was together, but he stopped me.

I would actually like to wait, but I'm finding it VERY difficult. A) I am so excited, and B) I think it's going to be obvious soon - not drinking, nausea, bloating... who know what else.

So no, I haven't told my parents or anyone else yet... except all the lovely ladies on bnb!

We have booked an US scan for when I am 8 weeks and if that shows a heartbeat then we will tell parents after that.

well... it's nous that straight forward with us!!

oh said to keep ,quiet till the 3mths because he isn't ready to tell his mum yet.
i am dying to yell my mum because I want the support and advice from her but he's having none of it :/

I was "outed" I had a SCH (gushing red blood) and the early pregnancy unit called me while I was at my Dad's to say I had to come for a scan the next day.

I hung up and my Dad straight away said - I heard early pregnancy unit :(. Parents are divorced but I kind of felt obliged to tell my Mum to keep things fair...

Told my brothers and the in laws after a scan at 8 weeks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->