How soon do you start planning/buying

Gracie's birthday is mid October I start in mid July for her birthday, inevitably I end up keeping things back for her Christmas since last year I had loads of bargains for her birthday. I think some of her birthday presents might go back for Christmas as I have bought clothes in 18-24m and she still won't be in them come Christmas (she's still in 9-12 even though she's nearly 2)

I properly start after her birthday. I tend to do 6 weeks on her presents and then 4 on everyone else, although I have bought some bits and pieces for other people already.

I'll buy sometime between October to December this year, September is to acclimatise to paying nursery fees when our youngest starts, and pay back anything we owe. Then it's Christmas shopping yay, though I'm not going overboard and keeping it low key, I said I wouldn't last year & kept to that. This year I would like to get something special for oh from the kids and I, ive laid out spreadsheets for the duration of 2017 so will work within those

This is the earliest I've ever started!

My 3 all have October birthdays so I buy for birthdays and anything left over will go towards Christmas. So far I've just bought a few generic things I've seen on offer, like Barbies or board games.
We're moving house this year around Christmas so I'm trying to be extra organised.

I've been known to start as early as April (I don't count the Boxing Day sales). This year I'm super poor, I've just finished DDs birthday and have finally got a few bits for Christmas! Xx

I buy all year- now I am on my own its a lot harder financially. I am going to have to cut down xxx

I've just started making lists and keeping an eye on prices. Waiting for smyths and Asda sale too. Can't wait for that! Get the majority for my two girls in then and after that will pick up bits each week. Thinking about parks vouchers next year, do any of you ladies do them?

Xxxx

I buy bits and bobs through the year that generally wont go out for them eg. Board games, jigsaws that kinda thing. Will wait til after youngests bday (september) to get main things though i still have no idea what to get for his birthday!

I start planning on Boxing Day for the next year!! Helps lighten my depressed mood.

I'm going to start buying this week. I say this everyy year and never do it but this year I'm going on mat leave in december so I have to do it. I'm on a really tight budget this year as well so need to spread it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->