How soon to do test?

Dylan

Reaction score
First month trying again. Had a rough ride previously but dusting self off and going for it again. AF not due until 24th Jan (but been unreliable lately) and currently having light cramps (trying not to symptom spot too much). Don't want to do test too soon because of possible disappointment. Do you think testing on 25th would be ok or just lead to a BFN? My mum always said before that I should wait as long as I can in case I miscarry. Think that's so I would never know. Ah!x

If you can (which most of us can't!) try to wait until at least AF is due. I told myself I was going to wait, but tested early and while I was on cloud 9 with my BFP I was worried the next few days about a chemical pregnancy and hoping the line wouldn't get fainter. And finding out at 3w1d as I did makes the wait until the first scan a looooooong wait! Be strong, hold out!! :)

Thanks will try to hold out (famous last words). Congrats and good luck by the way xx

I'm in the same boat! I had some spotting on CD16 though that I swore was implantation bleeding so I've done 4 tests so far, including today, and all BFN :( So I'm trying to wait til I'm due the 24th as well. We'll see what happens. I've got 2 FRER in the drawer calling my name! LOL

Hello Dylan
My mum says exactly the same and she is probably right! I try really hard not to test but I find the temptation too hard to resist. I am then really dissapointed in myself.
I would agree with hopefulmama2b - i got a bfp when we were ttc last year at 8dpo. I was then obsessed with testing and sooo worried that AF would arrive as normal and that I would never had known had I not tested. It was a very long week and totally took away from what should have been an exciting, happy time. xx

I have promised myself that I won't test until I have missed at least 2 afs because I've had problems getting past 8 weeks. Whether I can do that or not I don't know but I agree that finding out asap means a longer wait until the scan (from previous experience this has drove me crazy and made things worse).

try and wait as long as you can xxx

Of course it makes sense to wait until AF is due but even better say a day or so late.. but I can't take my own advice, I have no will power.. and testing early just leads to a whole new set of worries (faint bfp's) is it chemical will it stick and so on .. (bfn's) it might be to early.. it may not have implanted yet etc not to mention the disappointment a bfn always brings... hopefully you have the will power to wait, at least it'll save you some worry, either way lots of luck.. and sending lots of positive vibes your way x x

I'm in the same boat! I had some spotting on CD16 though that I swore was implantation bleeding so I've done 4 tests so far, including today, and all BFN :( So I'm trying to wait til I'm due the 24th as well. We'll see what happens. I've got 2 FRER in the drawer calling my name! LOL

Know the feeling!!! Probs best we both hold off til the 24th then good luck and fingers crossed for a BFP. It ain't over til AF sings after all x

Thanks all. Good to see I'm not the only one with desperate to know. Good luck to everyone!! Will need to try and channel some of that willpower....at least until Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->