How strange (message in baby name book)

JessicaAnne

Mama.
Reaction score
My mum got me a book of baby name's from a charity shop, at the time the message written inside didn't bother me. Until now, it reads: Ann, mummy to be. my dearest and most wonderful wife. whatever happens i will always be there for you. our babies name is somewhere between these pages. my love always dad to be and you husband tom" but the weird thing about it is, it's dated. The date is 15 July 1999. Evie was born the 15th of July 2010!! It is probably coincidence but it amazes me how the day my baby was born is in the book :haha:

Random and pointless post tbh!

That's a very interesting coincidence!

On a different note - I find it quite sad that it was in a charity shop, which must have meant that one of the couple must have decided to "chuck" it out. The message was so beautiful and heart-warming, and it seems like such a sentimental and personal thing to just... get rid of.
Maybe I'm just a hoarder? haha.

maybe something happended to the relationship/baby thats why it was in the shop

That is weird. I don't think I'd ever give anything like that to a charity shop though!

I wouldn't either tbh, I wish there was at least a last name so I could search for them! I keep wondering what happened to them/what they called their baby :haha:

I swear 15th July is like a magical baby date or something. It was my LO's due date (she was born a bit early) and I know at least 3 other people who had babies born on the same date. Very weird! (Or just a massive coincidence and I'm being completely melodramatic :rofl:)

thats the date morgan was due but she was born the 18th :rofl:

my lo was born on the 15th July 2009, how strange!!! xx

My mum got me a book of baby name's from a charity shop, at the time the message written inside didn't bother me. Until now, it reads: Ann, mummy to be. my dearest and most wonderful wife. whatever happens i will always be there for you. our babies name is somewhere between these pages. my love always dad to be and you husband tom" but the weird thing about it is, it's dated. The date is 15 July 1999. Evie was born the 15th of July 2010!! It is probably coincidence but it amazes me how the day my baby was born is in the book :haha:

Random and pointless post tbh!

Ooooh those words gave me goose bumps! "Whatever happens, I will always be there for you" Maybe it's just me being some crazy hopeless romantic, or I've watched too many movies, but maybe the Dad was dying or something. And maybe he died before the baby was born and he bought her the book so she could choose a name. And maybe it was too painful for her to look at any more so she gave it to a charity shop. :shrug:
Sorry. Sounds like a movie script. Maybe I should write it!

That's so sweet! I definitely couldn't have given that away. Although I am very free with donating my stuff because I don't like or want clutter. But something sentimental like that I'd want to keep. :shrug: Maybe they lost the baby.

It would be interesting to know what they actually ended up calling their baby!! I wonder if it was Evie like you!!! Have you checked the pages they might have marked it in the book!

Daisy wasn't born on the 15th of July :lol:
That's sad, I hate charity shops though, they make me' sad because it's things that people loved at one point or another. Cash convertors is worse though.
That's too weird to tell people though, so everyone thinks I'm scared of germs!

Aw, what a sweet message. I hope nothing sad happened. :( Strange coincidence that your baby's birthday was in there too!

Channy, you should write that movie! It sounds great, I'd watch it for sure. :)

Thats an amazing coincidence - really hope nothing sad happened cos you really would hang onto a book with a sentimental message inside, I know would!

I'm going to check and see if they marked any names, will keep you all posted!
I hope nothing happened to any of them, even though I have no idea who they are it's like I've seen a glimpse of their lives IYKWIM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->