How strict are you on cutting out foods?

tcinks

Reaction score
I know we all have lists of foods we aren't supposed to eat, how closely do you follow it? It seems different doctors say different things, and different countries have different rules too. Seems like a lot more things are "allowed" in European countries than here in the US. It makes me almost afraid to eat anything! But I feel like it's more about moderation maybe. I don't know. What about things like salad dressing and mayo that contain raw egg...is that okay to eat now and then?:shrug: What do you think?

I haven't cut anything out ... Although this is my third. With my first I was rediculously strict!

I still eat all of what I would usually eat, I think most foods from the supermarket are pasteurised etc. Pretty much all of the foods I regularly eat are on the 'allowed' list. I wouldn't eat pate.

The only thing I have to think about not eating is pate (and I craved it really bad with dd, although I think this was just because I knew I couldn't have it) and mcflurry icecream!!

I don't tend to eat fish much (definitely not the stuff you're not allowed to eat) anyway so that's not an issue.

For me, I wouldn't eat raw egg or products with it in. As p&p said supermarket brought Mayo etc is ok, I think it's more homemade things?

I also drink decaf tea anyway, but have consciously tried not to drink coke. I usually have a can a day so have tried one a week

X

Thanks for your responses! Do you know why they say not to eat pate? My doctor didn't mention that, probably because it isn't Common here anyway.

Raw eggs and raw liver . I doubt very much you would get anything from eating it but it's what ever you feel comfortable with x

From what I heard as long as it states pasteurized you should be okay to eat it. I cut out coffee because of the caffine and deli meats unless they are heated up.. I dont usually eat raw seafood so Im good there but limited my seafood because I could eat it everyday of the week because I love it.. I found a list of seafood and how much to eat/limit each week. so Ive just been going off of that..

I just don't eat deli meat and hotdogs (which I never eat not pregnant). Cut out majority of caffeine and make sure my eggs are cooked well. That's about it.

I've completely stopped eating raw eggs, over easy/medium and raw seafood like sushi and oysters. I am almost done though and I can't wait to devour them all!

I still eat runny eggs I have stayed away from pate which I love !!! I eat mayonnaise as long as its pasteurised and I have eaten slightly pink beef burgers from restaurants. I hate fish so I don't eat it anyway and I switched to decaffeinated tea and coffee

Thanks for your responses! Do you know why they say not to eat pate? My doctor didn't mention that, probably because it isn't Common here anyway.

It's due to the risk of listeria, also liver pate contains a lot of vitamins A which is dangerous for baby x

I try to cut out food that they say you shouldn't have but I'm crap at remembering so I always end up eating the odd thing. I was super strict last time though.

There's nothing on the Do Not Eat list that I'd normally eat anyway, so I'm lucky I suppose. Well Maybe honey.

But I have been trying to cut back on coffee, unsuccessfully so far. I think I need to slowly ween myself.

I'm lucky so I don't actually eat anything on the list, the only thing I have stopped us energy drinks :)

I don't drink caffeinated tea anyway. Obviously not alcohol. I was told no stinky cheese, pate or raw eggs. I think it's just due to increased chance of listeria. The only thing I might fancy is a poached egg or some Brie, other than that, not missing anything! Xx

I desperately miss Parma ham. With DD I had hubby bring some into hospital and I added it to their pathetic sandwiches to make them yummy again. It was the best sandwich of my life

I am gonna be that person. I haven't changed my eating habbits at all. I even had a small glass of wine the other night. I did the same with DD and we had no issues. I'm not a cautious person..

I'm not eating any cold lunch meat (listeria) I just heat it first. I don't usually drink anything w/caffeine but sometime crave soda. It's terrible b/c of the high fructose corn syrup so I try to stay away. Most of the other items of concern I don't eat.

Haha, my doctor was really relaxed about it. His only caution was too much high-mercury fish, like shark, swordfish, and wild salmon (farmed salmon was fine though). Everything else was fine by him.

He said that I might get food poisoning from bad food, but that food poisoning wouldn't hurt the baby.

That said, I still warmed up the meat on a cold meat sandwich, and have avoided unpasteurized juices, undercooked steaks and eggs, uncooked sushi, and no alcohol. I switched to decaf and teas about a year ago because I was worried that my extreme coffee habit was contributing to fertility issues.

I follow the advice on the NHS website - no runny eggs, no pate, no soft unpasteurised cheese, limited caffeine, particular types of fish avoided or limited, cooked cured meats only. Otherwise I'm eating as I normally do. I'm not finding it an issue to be honest (at the moment!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->