How strict are you on cutting out foods?

Thanks for your responses! Do you know why they say not to eat pate? My doctor didn't mention that, probably because it isn't Common here anyway.

It's because of the risk of listeria. It's also high in vitamin A.

I'm relatively relaxed about the food I eat- i'll have a dippy egg if it is free range and lion stamped (these hens are vaccinated against salmonella). I still drink tea, just a bit less than usual. I woulD eat a medium done steak. I eat tuna once or twice a week.

I think the advice on luncheon meat is different in the UK to the usa- I don't think there's any issues with us eating it cold here

The only things I need to avoid are raw eggs (caesar dressing and cookie dough -- both are killing me) and soft cheese. Other than that my diet's fine.

I usually have 4-5 cups of tea or coffee a day, but I can't stomach it in pregnancy anyway to giving up isn't an issue.

I had to cut out a ton. I am an energy drink addict, and pop, and I grew up in Wisconsin (known for cheese) so I had to cut out all the soft cheeses that made up half my diet. Sushi is also something I miss terribly.

I have read that doctors across the pond allow expectant mothers a glass of wine on occasion, but it's strictly forbidden by mine. I miss it; my husband and I make wine and it is absolutely delicious - I get jealous when he sits next to me and sips it.

Some advice is different in Europe due to more strict laws about food such as sushi and deli meat. All sushi in the uk has to be either frozen or cooked before being used. Either process kills the bugs. Alcohol isn't recommended in pregnancy in the uk. I'm excited that I'm allowed runny lion stamped eggs this time though, these weren't on the allowed list with ds.

lol.. I don't follow all those guidelines, I wouldn't eat raw fish and I quit mostly drinking coffee but that's it. Check out the Weston Price Foundation for info on how the Vitamin A prohibition is a bunch of baloney except in synthetic form. I take desiccated liver pills every day, fermented cod liver oil, drink raw milk, raw egg yolks in smoothies, and eat packaged deli meat. I'm more concerned with not eating too much sugar (won't touch soda), avoiding chemicals in processed foods, and trying to eat more veggies.

I've completely cut out caffiene and soda, which was really hard for me. I've also mostly cut out red meat, only because I love red meat very very rare which I heard isn't too good for you during pregnancy. I'd rather eat no steak at all than eat one that was cooked too much for me, it would just ruin it. Ive never been much of a drinker and I don't care for seafood, so giving up those items have been easy.

lol.. I don't follow all those guidelines, I wouldn't eat raw fish and I quit mostly drinking coffee but that's it. Check out the Weston Price Foundation for info on how the Vitamin A prohibition is a bunch of baloney except in synthetic form. I take desiccated liver pills every day, fermented cod liver oil, drink raw milk, raw egg yolks in smoothies, and eat packaged deli meat. I'm more concerned with not eating too much sugar (won't touch soda), avoiding chemicals in processed foods, and trying to eat more veggies.

Exactly on the vitamin A!!!

Brie, sushi, alcohol, camomile tea, most caffeine (I can't stand it now anyways). I think that's it! Caffine is safe up to I think 200 my, but I just can't stand the taste anymore. Those are the things I normally eat and cut out now.

I limit caffeine to 200mg. I still eat sushi as long as the raw fish has been previously frozen. I eat deli meats and soft cheeses but make sure they are heated to the safe point beforehand. I'm not really cutting anything except canned tuna- which I will eat 1 can a week of. I previously ate much more.

I sure miss my wine though! :lol:

I've cut alcohol of course. Also cut raw egg, which is only an issue in restaurant dressings, at home we just skip it when we make salad dressing, as we make our dressings rather than buy them.

Limiting caffeine (which is the hardest part) and tuna.

Everything else has been easy, any cheese we buy is pasteurized so not an issue. Any I would never eat shark as I take issue with that, and the other high mercury content fish are so rarely in store anyway so not really an issue. I'm not really sure on the deli meat one, I find it hard to believe that the good quality delis have listeria, I'm thinking their meat is cooked well to start, so I've been eating it. Sushi I typically go for the cooked rolls anyway so not an issue.

Overall I'm just *trying* to be healthier, not always succeeding. Caffeine has been a bit tough for me, I'll feel more comfortable having a cup a day when I get to the second trimester, trying to limit it to a few cups a week for now. Starting to get headaches though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->