How successfull was ur sweep at 40+ weeks.UPDATE PG4

babyhopes2010

one boy one girl.perfect!
Reaction score
:hi: Ladies:kiss:

Just wondering for those overdue how successfull was your 1st sweep.
I have mine tommorow (40+2)and wondering if it really does hurry things along.

Thankyouuuuu xxxxxx

i wasent overdue had mine at 39+2 i was alredy 1cm tho and went into labour 2hrs later had her the next day at 4.22 x

i had a sweep aty 40 weeks and 40w5d and neither worked for me. it all deoends on how favourble you are. Mine was quite painful which midwife said was because i wasnt favourable at all. I was 1cm but my cervix was high still

I had my first sweep at 40+6
I had my second sweep at 41+1
and gave birth at 41+3

so it all happened within a week. I thought the first one didnt do much but the second one did and gave birth 2 days later :flower:

Very successful- I had a sweep at 40+3, contractions started 24 hours later, and LO was born at 40+5 :flower:

i was 1/2 cm dilated and favourable so i think all that stuff makes the biggest difference. Labour started 30 mins after sweep and 2 days later i had my baby in my arms :) i had low expectations of the sweep, everyone says they're useless but i recommend them. I was 40+3. Good luck and have a happy labour! xxxx

Hey babyhopes, p.s good name lol :thumbup:

I had my sweep at 40+3, was 2cm dilated and very stretchy. Midwife said she could feel babies head :wacko: i had my sweep at 9.30am, started getting contractions straight away. They started getting very painful at 5pm and lo arrived 6.16pm that very same day :)

I wasn't expecting it to work because I havent heard many success stories but it worked a treat for me. Good luck!

I had 3 sweeps, none worked and I went 11 days over, was induced and had emcs. Nothing was making my LO move!

Well......mine didnt work...lol

And I was 2 weeks overdue and needed inducing!

hope it works for you hunny xx x x

I had one at 39+6 did nothing....40 did nothing....40+1 did nothing....40+2 did nothing but I was losing huge amount of plug after each one...sorry Hun.it's different for eveyone tho xx

Mine worked i had it done thirsday afternoon I was already 3cm and baby a 0 station contractions started the next morning but stopped by the evening and the same happened the next. Ds was born was born on the Sunday

Mine with second eldest didn't work even though they said my cervix was low and I was 3cm and really in the early stages of labour, all it did was make me feel very faint and naseous and cause me really bad false contractions for 24 hours; it was 3 or 4 days later I went into labour and had my son so I avoided being induced but I really think this would have happened anyway without the sweep. xx

I had sweeps at 38+5, 39+2 and then 40 weeks before being induced at 40+1 due to high blood pressure. None of them did anything apart from give me lots of cramping.

I don't think Tom was coming out though without alot of persuasion as he couldn't engage his head properly due to having a hand on his face. So when I had the sweeps he was really high still and when my waters were broken one midwife had to push him down so they could reach them.

Fingers crossed it works for you.

VERY! I had mine at 40+3 and my waters broke 15 mins later and he was born 24 hours 50 mins later at 40+4. MW said i was very favourable.
Good luck!!

I had 2 sweeps but were told they were probably ineffective as i hadnt started dilating at alll, cervix was fort knox! X

I'm not too sure whether mine worked or not tbh. I had my first one done at 40+2 & I was already 2cm dilated & 50% effaced. But it did nothing. My second one was at 41w exactly & I was 2.5cm dilated & 100% effaced. MW said she couldn't believe I was still hanging on! My waters broke at 12.30 that night & LO was born at 7.41am the next morning at 41+1. But I'd also been doing loads of other stuff to kick start labour (DTD, walking, bouncing, spicy food, pineapple, EPO) so who knows what really worked. Plus he was 8 days late so might have just come naturally without all the things I did!

Wow! Its time already!! Good luck hun, hope it gets things moving for you!

sweep lunch time wednesday - labour started 6.30 am the following morning! i think it was the sweep that kicked it off

I wasn't over due but I had a sweep at 37+5. It was 10am on a thursday. I was 3 cm dilated 75% effaced and baby was at 0 station. My water broke 6 hours later. My little girl was born less then 24 hours later at 8:56 am on a Friday.

I had one at 40+5, contractions started the next morning, very irregular though. That evening I went to get checked and was only 2cm dilated and sent home. Was in tears of frustration all the way home. :haha: They did another sweep while checking me though (around 6pm I think) and at 3am the next morning my waters broke, LO was born at 9am.
Best of luck! I know how frustrating it is but whatever happens, it won't be long until you hold your baby in your arms. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->