How things have changed!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I'm at my parents' house and just found this book '101 things to do with babies' that I was given when my mum was expecting my brother.

Here's one of the pictures:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20151201_151038_zpslyv0ud9o.jpg

Others include sharing your dippy egg with baby that looks about 4 months old at most!:haha:

Reassuring to see a lot is still relevant today though, it's lovely reading to my 3 year old now he knows about the baby!

My mum still has a book from when she was having me back in '81. Most the advice hasn't changed, mostly just the what foods to avoid. Back then you could still have soft boiled eggs, and no restrictions on steak.

Wow, that's very cool! What year was that?

...restrictions on steak?!

These are some car seat illustrations from my baby book in 1982:

https://i65.tinypic.com/359h9nq.jpg

Oh wow look at those car seats! It's good to see that safety has been much improved!

My mom used to have me in a Moses basket like that for car rides! (1982) I definitely prefer actual car seats :lol:.

In some cultures raw egg yolk is considered health food for babies. There is a recipe for mashed banana with raw egg yolk. ;)

I think the infant car seat I pictured is much the same as what we use in New Zealand now still, we call them a capsule and they are secured by the seatbelt.

Eggs are an amazing food, I happily chow down on 4-6 of them a day.

Too funny! My mum said she used to belt my carrycot into the car when I was baby (born in 1984) My sister was born in 1989 and they had an infant carseat to her but it must have been one of the earliest models. I remember my mum also saying she was told by the health visitor to give me baby rice at 6 weeks old, can't imagine many giving that advice these days :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->