How to choose a pediatrician

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by krisnjay, Jun 1, 2011.

1. krisnjay

krisnjay Mommy to Logan

This is my first and none of my friends have any kids. I wanted to begin researching pediatricians this week but I really dont know where to begin. I'm so overwhelmed.....any help???? How did you ladies do it?

2. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

I dunno...I haven't figured it out yet either lol

3. feedindy

feedindy Well-Known Member

I just picked a practice that was close to home and the doctors had good reviews online. I heard some people interview doctors, but I think that is too much effort for me.

4. kiasuten

kiasuten Well-Known Member

If I wasn't moving, I would be going with the pediatrician that shares the office with my obstetrician. But, I am moving, so I'll be Googling pediatricians in my new area and looking for positive reviews online.

Ask your midwife/doctor for recommendations. That's usually the best place to start.

5. jett

jett Well-Known Member

I asked my obgyn and MW, they given me the card of a practice my obgyn takes her own children to and they think is great. She also told me if they don't take my insurance then I can bring a list of names in my area that do and my MW will point out the good ones for me :)

6. LaLaBelle

LaLaBelle Well-Known Member

If you have a real estate agent, ask him/her. Sometimes they can call up people they know with kids and get a few recommendations.