How to choose a pediatrician

krisnjay

Mommy to Logan
Reaction score
This is my first and none of my friends have any kids. I wanted to begin researching pediatricians this week but I really dont know where to begin. I'm so overwhelmed.....any help???? How did you ladies do it?

I dunno...I haven't figured it out yet either lol

I just picked a practice that was close to home and the doctors had good reviews online. I heard some people interview doctors, but I think that is too much effort for me.

If I wasn't moving, I would be going with the pediatrician that shares the office with my obstetrician. But, I am moving, so I'll be Googling pediatricians in my new area and looking for positive reviews online.

Ask your midwife/doctor for recommendations. That's usually the best place to start.

I asked my obgyn and MW, they given me the card of a practice my obgyn takes her own children to and they think is great. She also told me if they don't take my insurance then I can bring a list of names in my area that do and my MW will point out the good ones for me :)

If I wasn't moving, I would be going with the pediatrician that shares the office with my obstetrician. But, I am moving, so I'll be Googling pediatricians in my new area and looking for positive reviews online.

Ask your midwife/doctor for recommendations. That's usually the best place to start.

If you have a real estate agent, ask him/her. Sometimes they can call up people they know with kids and get a few recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->