How to deal with the bloat

tkeith8109

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what I eat or drink the bloat is so bad. Anyone have any ideas how to control it? I'm trying to drink more water but it's not really helping. People will start to think I'm getting fat or pregnant and i dont want people to know yet. I'm only 4 weeks!!!

It's hormonal, so there's no way to change it. I had people asking if I was due soon when I was 6 weeks along with my fourth-born. That was awful, but the bloat disappeared at 12 weeks and was replaced with a true little bump at 13 weeks. The only thing I could do to hide some of my pregnancies is hibernate. Hahaha. At least, in winter, I can wear baggy sweaters and hoodies to hide the belly.

I also look totally pregnant at 8 weeks, the main thing to stop people suspecting is to be careful not to treat your bloat as a bump, I instinctively find my hand going there to rub etc like I did late on in my last preg but leave it well alone! I hope mine goes down soon. I'm thinking maybe I should start having activia yoghurt, can't think of much else...

I'm bloating out and it's really bothering me. Lol. How am I meant to hide this till 12 weeks! :dohh:

Agreed try not to touch it. Wear loose fitting shirts or jackets. Comfort wusethus rubber band trick has been saving me from mat pants. But agreed nothing helps make it go away

Well when I'm out i can wear a hoodie but at work I wear a uniform and its harder to hide it. I am sure to not rub it though. Its just irritating and this will be our 3rd so my stomach is already stretched.

I'm currently taking probiotics and it is helping with the bloating for me. Granted I'm early like you but I'm usually so bloated by now that I look about 4 months! It also seems to be helping with constipation.

I'm so bloated too I always get a bit bloated in the run up to AF and during but this is so much worse!

Oh jeez, a uniform... I don't know how I'd deal with that one. Everybody knows how you look normally, and then all the sudden, you sprout a belly overnight. I understand how people might start asking questions or why you might be very worried about them figuring out you're pregnant way before you're ready to tell them... I've been thinking a lot about this question and thought I could give you a better answer than "hide the bloat belly!"

Some of the bloat could be caused by gas, since we are sooooo gassy during pregnancy. I know some of my bloat was in the beginning. Some extra walking and avoiding foods that are hard to digest and carbonation could help with that. Fatty foods and soda cause me to bloat so much more when I'm pregnant. Also, constipation will definitely cause bloat. Probiotics, maybe stool softeners if needed to stay regular (and probiotics boost your immune system and help keep Group B Strep away!). Doctors always say "eat a fiber-rich diet during pregnancy to avoid constipation," but that crap has never worked for me. haha. A really good tip, though, is to try drinking hot water with lemon about half an hour before meals... at least when you're at home. :)

Most of my bloating tends to be water. Drinking more water than usual might help and is absolutely necessary during pregnancy for me. I drink a lot more water when pregnant, or my Braxton Hicks get stronger (being it's my fifth baby, they're strong enough on a good day!). I make sure to stay very well hydrated.

You're right there with me having back-to-back babies, so if the extra large belly could be caused by a well-loved uterus or stretched bellies/ligaments, we're probably screwed. Sooo.... I'm not gonna promise that any of it is actually going to help the bloat, but they're all good for pregnancy and digestion and overall health, so it can't hurt to try.

I definitely will try it then! I need to try something. I will start telling people after the 1st ultra sound, because I'm worried to have another mc. I've also been getting nauseous at night. Last night it started kind of late but today it started at like 430 so I think i will end up having nausea during this pregnancy which will show a lot since my co workers notice every single detail of everything.

I had the bloat pretty bad, this is my third as well. I don't know how to help with a uniform though! I started wearing DH's tshirts at home instead of mine, super baggy...not an option for work!

I suppose if someone said something and I wasn't ready to tell, I'd mention having terribly gas or something, or just say you ate something dodgy and your stomach has been making you pay for days. Something that might be a little bit embarrassing enough to make them embarrassed for asking?

It sucks your co-workers pay so much attention! I was sure my MIL was going to notice, but I don't think she has. I think I am just so hyper aware of it that I notice, when really my weight and waist size is not as much of an item of interest to other people as I fear it is.

Lol yeah maybe your right. My pants which normally gir pretty well are so tight now because of it. I seriously look 4 months pregnant. I'm going to eat lighter today and see if that helps. The sucking it in makes my stomach hurt, like I've worked out. So something has to give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->