How to drink more water

callmedan

Reaction score
I used to drink about 3 litres of water a day easily but now I'm really struggling to get it down
I've tried with cordial but it still just won't go down, just doesn't appeal to me at all!
Anyone got any tips to consume more water?

I drink herbal teas and plain hot water, lemon water and fizzy water with it without cordial.

I cant drink it at the moment either....
Im struggling to sip it.
Im drinking sugar :( but im do thirsty

I just force it down lol

Teas are a diuretic so substituting too much will actually dehydrate you. Learned that the hard way two days ago.

Milk counts, pure organic low sugar juices count.. Try eating water rich fruits like organic apples and water melons or soups

Same. All my pregnancies I can't drink water first trimester. It also increases my nausea so bad. Apart from that it just won't go down. It will pass though I promise

I just force it down lol

Teas are a diuretic so substituting too much will actually dehydrate you. Learned that the hard way two days ago.

Milk counts, pure organic low sugar juices count.. Try eating water rich fruits like organic apples and water melons or soups

Black tea is a diuretic, but teas I'm having aren't e.g. ginger, chamomile, peppermint, red bush. Actually I'll have to check he red bush. But some teas are fine.

I lived off of fanta lemon and pretzels for several days last time. :dohh:

I know not all teas are, but I was drinking lemon ginger and champ (both decaf and organic) because the gyn said it would help get fluids into my system since I had a sore throat and couldn't swallow cold water (which is all can stomach). After a day and a half of just tea, no water and maybe two cups of milk, I was dehydrated. Now I'm missing the entire week of work instead of just 3 days :( So I treat all teas the way I used to treat shots in college: for every one I take, I drink a glass of water after ;)

Let me see if I can find my WTE book. Had a section about substituting water
"You can count milk (which is two-thirds water), fruits and vegetables juices, soups, decaf coffee or tea (hot or cold), and bottled plain and sparkling waters. Cutting fruit juice in half (half and half) will keep you from pouring on too many calories. Fruit and vegetables count, too (five servings of produce net two fluid servings)."

I make a fruit and vegetable smoothie and I use water...it comes out to be 5 cups...after that I am peeing alot.I drink this once a day

If you wanna know what I use or how I make it let me know...glad to share

I found putting a lemon slice in cold(or hot) water made it easier to drink.

Grapes contain a lot of water. First tri I would constantly freeze grapes and eat them. It was one of the only things I could get down.

Fizzy water is the way ahead for me! It settles my tummy almost instantly x

Mix gatorade/powerade 50/50 with water. The electrolytes in the sports drinks will help hydrate you and keep you hydrated and the flavor makes it a bit more palatable.

I would love to know some great fruit smoothie details

I use the nutra ninja blender(got it at WalMart at a decent price)

I blend two teaspoons of flaxseed
Then I add spinach or kale or collard greens leaves
I then add diced carrots
Then one avocado
I mix this powder called super foods which can be found at WalMart for fifteen bucks its got wheat grass,barely grass,spirulina,organic veggies
Last I add a mix of frozen fruit.
The main ingredient is WATER...

It looks gross but taste delicious

I have had an aversion to water this entire pregnancy. I find it easier to drink if it's freezing cold so I keep a jug in the fridge and add ice cubes to it. I also drink diluted juice, the kind that comes in a can that you add water to. I know this stuff is basically just sugar water, and I would never have drank it before being pregnant, but it's the only way for me to get fluids down (I also have an aversion to hot drinks so I can't do teas!). I add double the amount of water to it so it isn't quite so sweet, and I drink at least a litre every day, on top of ice water. I also drink carbonated water with ice and a bit of lemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->