How to fill time at a baby shower with no games???

Babyfor2

Reaction score
I have people that have to call off work for this, as well as people driving pretty far and I really don't want it to be a quick and disappointing event. I have chosen not to do games, I personally dont like them, and I need other ideas! I will do a photo thing with a cute backdrop and someone working the camera but I need more than just that. Thanks in advance everyone!

Will keep an eye on this ... I am wondering the same thing. Never been a fan of all the games and will have both sides of the family there..

We bought a bunch of plain white onesies and fabric paint and had people make the baby onsies.

I went to a baby shower that didn't do games it felt quite low key but was nice, they had fabric pens and baby vests for people to decorate other wise people just sat and talked

I am all for sitting and talking! The photos and onesie decorating sound like the perfect amount of activities. And honestly, it's not like people play games at other sorts of parties.

I like the idea of having mom and dad answer questions about baby and the pregnancy and seeing if their answers match (mom's most craved item, baby's name, how many kids mom and dad plan to have, etc.)

It's supposed to be a game played at the shower and mom and dad answer the questions in front of everyone but it would be very easy to just have the Q&A's on a big poster board for everyone to read, and hopefully giggle at!

I don't really like baby shower games, but my mom just told me about one that is so cute! You print out pictures of celebrities babies/kids, and have to guess who's kids they are. I think it's pretty cute, and not like the boring, traditional baby shower games. Other than that maybe a raffle? I don't know... I really like the onesie decorating idea!

This isnt really a time killer but an idea. For my friends shower recently at work I made a wine basket... I think the basket cost me about $25 for 2 bottles of wine and 2 wine glasses. On the invitations I put that anyone that brought a pack of diapers was entered to win the wine basket.

She ended up with 27 packs of diapers which is worth alot more than it cost me the host to make the basket. People loved it.

I didn't want to do games at first but then I realized that the games are for the guests and I will just mingle and let everybody rub my belly the whole time. Plus my family is super excited to play games and win prizes so there will be games.

I have decided to do the following things and decided to post it in case this helps anyone!
A photo setup with a nice back drop and props, I bought pink mustaches haha!
Have the guests write encouraging words/ little messages on newborn diapers so I can read something uplifting whenever I change little ones diaper.
A diaper raffle (I will probably do the wine basket like the above poster said)
For those who like games a guess how big mommys tummy is with pink yarn. (This one can actually be fun and I don't think anyone will hate doing it!)

I think those will be enough to fill time and people will actually enjoy it!

I like the Dear Baby form about half way down this page:
https://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/2013/05/natalies-baby-shower.html
We will definitely be having those at my shower.

https://www.beau-coup.com/baby_shower_games.htm - - - - I like #5 on here as well.

Hope those ideas help!

At my sister's baby shower we had a cookie decorating contest. We made sugar cookies with one of those ginger bread man cookie cutters and then had different icing and sprinkles to decorate with. My sister picked her favorite "baby" and they won a prize. Then everyone got to eat their cookie. Definitely something different to a standard game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->