how to get a early dating scan ?

Jo.t

expecting #7
Reaction score
I had a very strong BFP at 20 dpo which made me think my last period wasent actually a period !

Went to see the gp today & explained this but he is still dating me from the last bleed I had :-(

Was told my 12 week scan would be from this date & I would find out how far along I was then !

But if I am 4 weeks further along then I would be too late for the NT scan !

I am due on tomorrow (officially) & the test at the doctors this morning was very very strong with the test line darker than the controll ??!!!

Its driving me mad not knowing !

How can I get a dating scan ?

Thankyou to anyone who has any ideas :)

Pay for it?

Alternatively have spotting and get an emergency scan. Of course if you pretended to and got a scan and admitted it on B&B you would be flamed big style. I've had sans around 8 weeks with all my pregnancies due to spotting, but I've arranged the scans through nothing more than a phone call to my GP so it would be easy (and immoral and get you flamed) to fake it.

I'm 18dpo, for certain and my test line is approaching the same darkness as the control. By 20dpo it will no doubt be darker.

Also, how do you know you 20dpo if you only thought your last period wasn't a period when you saw the line?

Do you have any other symptoms which could make you think you're further along? If so and you strongly think you are further along I would fight your case with GP however if not I would pay for scan yourself.

Pay for one or wait for your NHS one?

And as above lying to get a scan is a horrible idea.

I would just wait for the date given.

Is the NT scan very important to you?

Sorry not 20DPO I was on cycle day 20 - approx 5DPO.

I have just googled private scans & they are around £100 - that seems a bit much !

Am going to try & phone the midwives tomorrow & ask them if they canhelp.

Just really annoyed the doctors wont listen to me !

Ive been feeling tired for weeks but put that down to my 10m old starting to wake up gain at night as shes teathing x

CD20 makes more sense! How far do docs have you and how far do you think you are?

I personally wouldn't lie, as someone who has had LOSSES and bleeding, clothing etc, I think it's terrible someone would lie and take the spot of those who NEED it, people having ectopics and major complications.

Pay or wait, I've paid before when I've needed reassurance, I've only gone in when I've needed to and I actually don't go in quite often when I have had more bleeding because I've got a home Doppler and if I have a heartbeat I see no point taking oh someone else's appt. when I know at least the babu is alive.

Yes you could lie, but how would you feel if a week down the line or next pregnancy you have an etopic or bleeding and can't get an appointment for days as it's filled up with people who lied just to see their baby early.

I don't know how far I am, my EPU won't date me and I've not had a period since June, from size I'm about 10/11 weeks but will not be dated until my DATING scan.

I paid £45 for a dating scan, you need to look around. Don't lie that's an awful thing to do.

In fairness to the OP it was me that mentioned lying to get a scan...in a don't do it kind of way.

I'm sure a lot of people must do it- I usually have to wait. With my last pregnancy I had to wait from Thursday to Monday to get the scan, a weekend were we had a big family event. No a great time to worry. And at both scans there were ladies waiting holding pictures of what looked like happy little babies.

In fairness to the OP it was me that mentioned lying to get a scan...in a don't do it kind of way.

I'm sure a lot of people must do it- I usually have to wait. With my last pregnancy I had to wait from Thursday to Monday to get the scan, a weekend were we had a big family event. No a great time to worry. And at both scans there were ladies waiting holding pictures of what looked like happy little babies.

When I lost mine I was supposed to wait over a week for the scan, we lost baby on Doppler and knew it had died, thankfully my go understood and I said I would go anywhere for one, and she hit me one later that day, so greatful we were able to be seen when we were, I had to have surgery the next day, would have been even more horrible dragging it on for days.

You should be able to get a cheaper scan than that, we paid £50 for a reassurance scan usually comes with pics etc as well but obviously would be a waste of money if arent 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->