How to Get Rid of Morning Sickness... Please Share

purechaos109

Mom to a Perfect Pair
Reaction score
So I think we need a thread for things that work to alleviate Morning sickness! I haven't found anything! Has anyone found anything that works! I'm gonna try Preggie Pops as soon as I can find them in the store otherwise I'm gonna order them!

Any other ideas?

I am just as far along as you are! Congrats!
Sorry to hear that your suffering, it really does suck dosent it? Especially if you have to work all day like I do. Here are my suggestions, and your Dr/MW will probably reccomend the same. Anything Ginger (Ginger Tea, Ginger Ale, Ginger Snaps, ect), Sea Sickness Bands (You wear them around your wrist), eating hard candy or keeping something in your mouth like a mint, jolly rancher, preggy pop ect., also Emetrol is an excellent OTC nausea medication, I have heard of many women getting some relief taking Emetrol (It is like Liquid pepto bismol, but works way better & tates better too!). Ofcourse, eating smaller but more frequent meals will help keep your stomache from becoming to empty (which is the main culprit for alot of pregnancy nausea). I always have to eat something dry like toast or crackers as soon as I get out of bed, If I dont eat anything (like what happened this morning) I will end up puking for sure. The same goes for stuffing yourself too! If I eat too much, I will end up getting sick.... its NO FUN AT ALL HUH?!? Are little ones are totally worth it though.

On another note, there are many prescription options that are readily available, very safe, and are commonly prescribed to us preggers ladies. At about 4 weeks (when we discovered we were pregnant!) I started getting sick from that day on, after 2 weeks of it I couldnt take it anymore, and went to see my DR. She proscribed me Zofran to take during the day, and Phenegran to take at night before bed. They both work wonders!!! They do have different effects for different women, but for the most part, they will alleviate the majority of your nausea and vomiting. The Zofran can add to the constipation, so just be weary of that. The Phenegran has been known to cause drowziness in some women, though It doesnt make me sleepy at all.

I hope this helps you, Im sure there are other women on here who will offer up more advice as well! Take it easy and hope you feel better soon.

This is a great thread! I experienced "morning" sicknness for the first time last night, after eating too much. I tried to eat crackers after, but the thought of eating while I feel sick made me even more sick.

I heard that they sell Preggie Pops at Babies R Us.

I've found ginger biscuits dipped in a mug of hot milk helps, also finding it very soothing for some reason! :wacko:

If I eat lots of little nibbles rather than actual full 'normal' mealtime meals it stays at bay. (i wouldn't say it completely disappears but as good as) x

I got a prescription for Zofran as well. It's a miracle worker! I went home from work sick one day, having thrown up three times in an hour, got my Rx filled, popped a pill and fifteen minutes later, I was good to go.

I got told to try ginger of any sort and eat as soon as you wake up, nothing worked for me. I found that if i got up in the morning and drank a full glass of water i was then sick on an empty stomach, if i ever eaten straight away it would always make my sickness worse. It meant that i could then eat coz i had bin sick and made myself hungry, i would then eat a slice of toast and some sort of chocolate. I would still feel sick all day but wouldnt be sick. Then as i got to about 10 weeks it got to where i was sick in the morning and then feel great all day. Im now 12 weeks and just get an odd day where i am either sick or feel sick. Some things may work wonders on some ppl but dont always work on others. I found eating plain crisp worked aswell.
Hope this helps you :)
Rachael

oo yeah and i also found if i didnt take my folic acid tablet in the moring i would feel really ill not sure why that is :)

I too have heard that ginger is good for sickness. Hope you find something that helps hun :)
xx

GAVISCON! please don't laugh ladies but it has worked for me in the past, esp the tablets.....

ginger oat biscuits, and keep hydrated

bundaburg ginger beer for all those kiwi and aussie ladies who know what im talking about, in the uK you can get it in some waitrose and sainsburys stores, i have to keep fresh bread and butter in the house and keep munching on it through the day to keep nausea at bay its the only thing thats ever worked food wise lol and was pretty much all i could eat in my last pregnancy till 16wks. ive already been getting nausea and its not nice , im one of the unlucky ones who gets it right the way through normally, :(

nothing has worked for me so far :( i jsut got to soldier on through it at the moment.
Keep bugging DH to get me some travel sickness bands but he keeps forgetting which leads me to get hormonal at him as its me whos the one suffering from his stupidity!
they are the last resort, everything else i have tried and i dont want to take anything prescibed as alot of medication can make my psoriasis worse :(

I found 2 slices of toast with butter is a miracle worker for me. I only ever feel sick when my tummy isn't full, so try and graze throughout the day with as healthy foods as possible...has worked wonders with me!!

x

WATERMELON! I have gone through countless watermelons so far. I have pretty much been eating half a watermelon a day. I bring it to work with me. It is refreshing and keeps me hydrated. I just started taking B6 along with my prenatal this morning- feeling good so far. I eat about 4-6 crackers when I first wake up-Blah. I also eat pretty much every 2 hours, even though the thought of anything (besides watermelon) makes me want to be sick. Oh and Popsicles while I am at home.....

I've tried everything! The only thing I have found that helps is by eating a lemon. I usually eat about half of it and then the rest the next time. I know its horrible for my teeth, but it really helps.

Try to snack on small things you tummy can tolorate - bland foods. I've been snacking on baked goldfish saltine crackers, as I find them less salty than normal saltines.

I also drink ALOT of hot organic ginger tea, which really does that the edge off, though the sickness feeling never actually goes away entirely. I also found watermelon to is easy on my tummy too. Acidic fruits, juices, and anything too salty or sweet - forget about it!

Hard peppermint candies. Preggo pops made me feel worse.

i personally found ginger biscuits excellent, i'd keep a few in my bag all the time, cream crackers too, and keep nibbling cause its way worse when you get hungry, I know its hard to eat but its better. Ginger and lemon tea is good for me, and those travel sickness wrist bands, i wear them all the time, sometimes i take them off for bed...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->