How to get through being overdue

laura11111

Reaction score
I'm 40w 3d and feeling pretty bummed. My first was breech and a c-section. My second was induced at a week overdue, although I was already in labor for two days prior. It was just progressing very slowly. I was exhausted, and had to push for two hours. Baby was whisked away with breathing trouble and put on antibiotics. I bled more than most, afterward. Before that, I experienced almost two weeks of extreme pressure pain and then two bouts of false labor during my 39th week.

I really had my hopes up for a "normal" deliver this time. Wanted to be one of those women who spontaneously go into labour on or just before their due date and then have a baby like 12 hours later. I wanted the excitement of letting family and friends know that we're heading to the hospital. Stupid fantasy, I know. Most of my friends and family had their babies early. At 38w 6d, by OB told me I'd have it anytime as everything was "favourable". Lost my mucus plug a while ago. I set myself up for disappointment, because I was convinced I was going to have it at 39w.

How is everyone else getting through being overdue? It's all I can think about. I need to stop hoping that it will happen soon. It's probably not going to and I'll have to be induced. I guess I'm just having a bad day today. I'm so uncomfortable and I still have two in diapers. It's so hard to move around.

I just wanted to send to you HUGE hugs :hugs: :hug:

I understand how you feel I was induced both times at 40+12 & 40+11 and I felt sad for a long time that I never got my spontaneous labour etc but honestly now I don't care as I have my 2 gorgeous children

Hang in there mumma :hugs:

I'm with you too. I was induced both times with my girls at 40+12 and 40+11. Each time I thought I'd go early and each day was like a week.

This time I'm trying to focus on the latest possible date rather than my due date, I figure anything else will be a bonus. It's really hard when you have young children already. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and horrendous SPD so I really do feel for you. I know it's easy to say but try to remain positive and try and plan something light for each day - that's my approach - that's not to say I won't be going out of my mind by my due date but what else is there!? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->