How to get through the nausea for a day...

Talia12

Reaction score
Nausea hit me at 9 weeks with my son, right when all the apps said it would probably be tapering off...and disappearing around 13 weeks. Now I'm 8 weeks and I've got it. It's the most disgusting feeling ever, I can hardly bear to move.

I have an exam tomorrow...It's been booked for the last 8 months so I had no idea I'd be pregnant! And not only do I have to travel an hour on the bus and train to get there, but I've got 5 hours of written examination (with a 1 hour break) and I just do not know how I'm going to cope with how sick I feel. I'm also worried that feeling like this will affect my performance in the exam.

Does anyone have any tips for things I can do beforehand, or during the exam, that will help to quell the nausea just for a day?! I can just about manage my day to day life feeling like this but at this rate I'll be putting my hand up and asking to go and sit on the toilet floor taking deep breaths :huh:

Oh no :(. Some things which helped me were sipping ginger beer, eating apples and wearing travel sickness bands (that was the best thing).

Try Sea Bands (travel sickness wrist bands). The only thing that has worked for me.

Make sure to supplement with magnesium first thing in the morning. Find a scent that doesn't bother you and put it in a scarf so when you are on the public transportation you can use it to disguise any odors that might not help much if you know what I mean. Have some juice in a water bottle. Something to help keep you hydrated but also keep your blood sugar steady. Blood sugar dips can be a trigger. And I would explain to your exam proctor your situation and see if they will let you nibble crackers or something if needed.

Sparkling ginger beer and nibbling what you can manage little and often! I find I need a dry cracker or two every hour on top of meals.

Thank you very much! I'm going to try all of these things. I wasn't sure on those bands (and didn't order any in time but can get some in the morning as the exam is on a major shopping street) but if you ladies say they're worth a try I definitely will.

Ooh I'm so sorry. Hoping the tricks these ladies shared will help you for your test.

Little cheeses have helped me cope with the nausea. If I eat a serving of cheese, it calms my nausea for an hour or two. Some days, I was eating a ton of cheese, but the protein really helps. Carbs will help for as long as you're eating them, but you've got to eat them constantly, or the nausea will come right back. Protein is really the answer.

Since you're looking for a quick fix, and you're gonna be gone all day, I'd take a baggie full of little hard candies and pop one into your mouth pretty much constantly. That will at least get you through the exam.

Making a little shopping list for myself here! Apart from the sea bands I'm going to have a bag with Babybel cheeses in, hard candies, ginger beer, crackers and juice. I'll pick it all up in the morning on the way in. You are allowed non-noisy and non-smelly food in the exam (I've sat this exam before) (and failed it haha) :( so I don't think any of that will be a problem. Might have to unwrap it all beforehand but that's fine. Thank you ladies! Oh I'm also going to take a sick bag on the bus and train because I get motion sickness at the best of times...

My friends swear by preggo pops. Idk if your test allows snacks but usually you can do water bottles with the labels peeled off and clear liquid like a ginger ale. Ask your proctor or look into rules about snacks. Maybe offer to sit in front just be super transparent about it. Try to eat a little beforehand. My Ms is always worst when in empty. Deep breathing. Or worst case bring a vomit bag and just own it. Saltines have always been my saving grace. And this pregnancy loveeees nibbling on cheese

Luczaide helped me in my first pregnancy! Annoying I only like cherry and I can't find it anywhere this time :(

I find that with the bands, if you feel a sudden strong wave of nausea, press that little button on them into your skin and hold it there until the feeling passes. I thought people were crazy when they told me this but it really does work! Just thought I'd add that little tip ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->