How to introduce a lovey to a six month old?

KarenLV

Reaction score
I tried earlier and failed.Want to try again because when he wakes up at night he seeks comfort to fall asleep again.
Also,what should I use?

Have you got the no-cry sleep solution? if not have a look in the library for it. There's a whole bit about introducing a lovely.

um, dont mean to sound stupid, but whats a lovely? :lol:

Its a security object, a stuff animal, little blanket or whatever. Somthing the baby can find comfort in.

Right now I know what a lovelyis, lol. My ds had a muslin square and I was taught that if you sleep with it or keep it in your top for a day it then has your smell on it, that can then add to the calming affect!

But I just thought it happened, I didn't really intentionally think he needed one!

we inadvertently (sp) got Alasdair to use his sick towels (like muslins but terry towels) as comforters. It's good because we have about 15 of them that we use just as comforters (another 15 kept for nappies). Basically it was just always near him. After a feed we burped him with it but during the feed I often covered him with it. He's also getting to like his taggies blanket more and more because he loves fiddling with the tags. He's asleep with it right now actually :)

ohhh cool... Jasmine has a peter rabbit made out of really soft, cuddly material that winds up and plays a lullaby, it sits in her crib with her... its out of her reach though, but she can see it, I dnt know if she eally is attached to it though.

Same here Ryder.Lola has her Aquarium (her precious music box) attached to her crib at night and it plays music and comforts her.She actually has it around all day.

I've also been wondering when it's ok to put a blankie in there with her?

I was thinking about buying a snoedel https://www.snoedel.com/ that absorbs the mother's scent, but am wondering if its another waste of money....My mom says I was very attached to a blankie with a silk lining as a child.Maybe I should try that too....

This is what I have for Bren.

https://www.nstylecouture.com/images/PAAAAAPJLLLMEIEI.jpg

We were having the same problem. We gave him a soft cuddly elephant (fairly big) in his bed the one night and turned out outside light off and he slept through. Sometimes he stills wakes up and then I turn him on his side so he can feel his toy.

it never worked for my lo when she was little really she is almost 2 and now just started using one so no advice sorry :(

A comforter - haha glad others asked :lol:

Its usually something you start leaving in the cot from early on I thought - Caitlin has a dolly thats always in her cot at night I've always thought they get use to the surrounding like those kind of things! Think her dummy is her ain comforter atm though.

Just make sure you have two of the item - its a disaster if it gets lost!

Bella has the same kind of lovey has Bren, but her's is the pink bunny. She's just starting to really acknowledge it. It's been in her crib since she started sleeping in it. Now she holds it at night and looks it when she's awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->