how to keep a dark carpet clean?

nic18

Reaction score
I've got a dark grey/black carpet in my living room and it attracts so much oose! I feel like I'm constantly hoovering it :dohh:! Is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of oose sticking to it?

This may be a stupid question but what is oose?

I went out and bought this:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-...ess-vacuum-cleaner-tungsten-21534999-pdt.html

It's great, I just give it a quick run over when ever it needs it and then give it a proper hoover every couple of days. It's also really light so I can do the stairs with it and lug it up stairs to the bedrooms if there has been a spill or whatever.

I've not heard that word in years! It's Scottish and it means lint, fluff, fuzz, dust etc etc.
Honestly I don't know as I try never to have carpets , could you get one of those small dust buster hand held vacuum cleaners for the odd few bits or even better a robotic one for when you're out?
Xx

Didn't know oose was a Scottish word haha!
Yeah I'm going to look into one of those cordless ones or a handheld!

Lol I assumed oose was some kind of Scottish word for dust or dirt etc. Never heard it before!

We've got a hand held vacuum and while it does the trick for a quick go at crumbs on the kitchen floor, it doesn't do much on the carpet. We had 3 kids in our front room eating cake last week - there were bits of cake sponge everywhere after - I got the handheld out (can't hoover properly yet as recently had section) and it got the worst up but you could still see loads of crumbs and mess.

I'm Scottish and I've never heard it! The word I'd use is stour.

Foogirl I'm from Falkirk to!

Foogirl I'm from Falkirk to!

Where abouts? We were over at New Carron but just moved to Maddiston.

Just looked up oose. Apparently it's far more dusty than stour. Maybe that's why I've never heard it...:winkwink: Although mah hoose is a midden :haha:

I'm in Avonbridge, right up the road from you!
Yeah I just say oose is like fluff and stuff haha! I couldn't tell you exactly what it is :haha:

Are you smelling the stinky tip tonight too?

In answer to your original question, we deliberately chose a dark carpet so I couldn't see black balls of sock fluff. We got one of those cordless Hoover things to run over them from time to time and do a big Hoover when we can be arsed.

I have a very dark blue carpet in the living room. I have an upright Dyson, cordless handheld Dyson & a Vax Carpet Cleaner.

I go over with the Vax every 2-4 weeks, use the handheld throughout the day & the upright at the end of day.

It seems to keep on top of it. Before I got the Vax, it seemed to never look clean despite hoovering every day.

Foogirl, I can't smell the tip up here! But I can when I'm at my mum's, it's worse in the summer! So be warned.
I really need to get one of these cordless Hoover's!

Foogirl, I can't smell the tip up here! But I can when I'm at my mum's, it's worse in the summer! So be warned.
I really need to get one of these cordless Hoover's!

I don't live too close so hopefully it won't be bad. Used to live a stones throw from West Carrron tip so it can't be as bad as living there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->