How to keep yourself busy during the two week wait?

Vicky_92

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I have only just entered into this cycles two weeks wait. And I'm already impatient 🙊 How do all you lovely ladies get through it? X

What I'm finding works is to keep busy with a hobby. For example, I used to read and write a bunch back in high school, but over university and the first few years of work, I kinda put it all on hiatus. I've restarted reading a favourite fantasy series and writing a novel, and I find it's really helping me. I normally don't notice the TWW as much now until a couple days before AF is due.

Need to download a good book on my phone then, nothing baby related haha. Aww really you don't notice, I'm terrible I google every symptom and convince myself I'm pregnant every month haha.

Thank you for your reply.

i remember i dreaded waiting and after the 2nd month, i "gave up" because it was just so awful to wait with no patience then end up with a period even though it seemed like all the symptoms pointed to what could finally be the month!

well the cycle i fell pregnant (third month trying!) i basically convinced myself that i wasnt pregnant from the first time me and my boyfriend were intimate, because i didnt want to expect anything after waiting for what felt like forever and be let down. we were intimate only one time that month instead of several times a week like normal, and it happened to be 15 hours after i was supposed to ovulate. every day id ignore the symptoms that were extremely different, such as the nausea, sneezing, and swollen breasts(i had all this from dpo 1 and on).

so i basically ignored them until he brought up that my PMS symptoms were different. he knows my body as we've been together for a long time and he told me maybe i was pregnant. i got super emotional and yelled and screamed that i wasnt pregnant. but at 8 dpo when his mom took me back to my house on a saturday(i have school on the weekends) i decided to take a test just to prove to myself that i was right all along and that i couldnt be pregnant and to prove to him i wasnt. surprise! faint bfp at 4pm on all the tests i took! time really flew when i wasnt paying attention to the symptoms so much.

Hey Catiren :) thank you for your detailed reply, and a huge congratulations to you :).

I'm terrible for thinking haha, i can't help myself but question every symptom. I wish I could stop thinking about and just get on with life but in the ttw I'm a nightmare.

im sorry for the details! i love writing and i get carried away. goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->