• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to know if dog is in heat/season?

QuintinsMommy

Reaction score
I have an 8 month old pug, I plan to get her fixed but haven't been able to come up with the money yet.. anyway last night I was woken up cause she was licking a wet fishy smelling spot on the sheets :sick:
so I thought she was heat, so I got one of my sons diapers and put it on her :rofl: its the only thing I could think of in the middle of the night...
anyway this morning, i take the diaper off, and there is nothing in there? :shrug: no blood or anything, and her "area" isn't swollen? :shrug:

It could very well be a silent season. You won't have a clue.

I would say be very careful and if you must walk her during the next month make sure you go very early or late. I would advise against it as males will catch her scent and put themselves/other people in danger to get to her but a lot of owners think it is cruel for their bitches to not be walked.

she is the kind of dog thats NEEDS to be walked or she goes crazy,
thanks

In that case you'll have to work very hard to make sure no male can catch her scent x

A fishy smell can also come from the anal sacs, these normally scent the feces but if they get overfull can leak or get impacted or infected. I'd suggest getting them checked & emptied.

Aside from her bleeding (we had little pampers for her it was so cute :lol) when my dog was in heat, her who-ha :blush: got REALLY swollen!!

fishy smell! ANAL GLANDS! that's def. what you are dealing with. Sounds like she emptied them on the sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->