How to manage nausea

happynewmom1

Reaction score
Yes I have 3 kids and am still asking this. lol I remember having nausea with them but this is just horrible. I'm really having a rough time doing much of anything and have to make myself. I'm so miserable. Been having Popsicles and peppermint tea.. Suck on mints. Those help as I'm eating/drinking them but then is bad again. I need to cope ahhh :(

I couldn't understand more!! This is my first pregnancy and I too have been miserable. It feels like I've just been in endurance mode for weeks (am 11.5 weeks now).

I really had to give up on being healthy - salt & vinegar crisps, or chips and guac, have been snacks I've learned to have around at all times, as I always feel like them. The hunger usually causes me to throw up. So as repulsive as food can be most of the time, getting some sort of snack or meal into me 'in time' tends to stave off the nausea.

But honestly, I feel you. I'm still sick and just can't wait for it to subside (if it ever does!)

I couldn't understand more!! This is my first pregnancy and I too have been miserable. It feels like I've just been in endurance mode for weeks (am 11.5 weeks now).

I really had to give up on being healthy - salt & vinegar crisps, or chips and guac, have been snacks I've learned to have around at all times, as I always feel like them. The hunger usually causes me to throw up. So as repulsive as food can be most of the time, getting some sort of snack or meal into me 'in time' tends to stave off the nausea.

But honestly, I feel you. I'm still sick and just can't wait for it to subside (if it ever does!)

I'm so sorry you've been experiencing this too! I too try to have snacks around sound good often even if they aren't super healthy right now. It's been so bad today nothing has soundes good all day though. I've been trying to eat small things and it's made me feel so bad but if I don't eat at all its terrible so I can't win lol I hope it subsides for you soon!! It's always gone away between 14-16 weeks for me. Hopefully sooner for you!

For me it's always been eating little and often. I find I feel sicker if my stomach gets completely empty. So have little meals/snacks every couple of hours.

Yep I've been the same. Had to throw all the healthy rules out of the window as for about 2 weeks I could only eat marmite on toast! Ready salted crisps and bread have been my main staples. Have to say over the last few days it's been easing slightly, can manage rice, fruit and a few veg now (meat still way off the menu) but it's definitely improving. Last time around nausea had pretty much gone by 14-15 weeks. I would say eating kept me from feeling so sick, was eating constantly! It does get better, not that it helps while it's happening x

When you have extreme nausea or sickness, all the rules go out the window - they have to. Eat what you can when you can. Lots of rest, water if you can. As much sleep as possible. Go to the doctor and ask about anti sickness meds if it's getting too much for you.

I sympathise, it's awful when you've got other kids!

Yesterday morning sickness hit me, it was when I hadn't eaten for several hours so it was just acid coming up, and it sucked so bad.

I'm trying to eat little but often today, so far I haven't been sick. Still feeling it though. Im taking little sips of water and trying my best to keep myself occupied so I don't think about it so much!

Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate the replies and suggestions!

I've been resting as much as I can and drinking peppermint tea a lot. And sucking on hard candies which seems to help. The last couple of days I've been feeling horrible all morning and mid afternoon and evenings feeling mostly fine but with aversions but not the strong nausea. Can it be normal for it to switch from an all day thing to half the day being better? Of course I was dying for relief and now that I have some I'm freaking out about it :haha:

I have zofran and phenergan so do have to take meds (I already have 6 kids, HG with each so I was ready!) but generally don't eat too much in one go, don't go too long without eating, try and stick to bland things, and have a nutrigrain bar, or saltines next to your bed for in the night to help keep blood sugar stable. Sips of water through the day, or liquid in the form you can handle. Lemon and ginger flavoured stuff helps me some. Don't wait on going to get IV fluids though. It sucks, I hope you feel better soon:baby:

I'm having a hard time coping as well especially today. I have been nauseous all day with no relief. I'm literally on the verge of tears lol I don't remember it being this bad with my first. I tried crackers I literally have to force them down that's not helping. The thought of drinking tea is making me more nauseous. I have no idea what else to do ��

I'm so sorry you ladies are suffering as well :( first trimester just sucks. :/

Tea doesn't always agree with me either. If you can sip on any liquid.. Gatorade, Popsicles.. I can usually stomach sprite but I'm not sure how hydrating it really is.

Hope you all start feeling better soon :hugs:

Yes I have 3 kids and am still asking this. lol I remember having nausea with them but this is just horrible. I'm really having a rough time doing much of anything and have to make myself. I'm so miserable. Been having Popsicles and peppermint tea.. Suck on mints. Those help as I'm eating/drinking them but then is bad again. I need to cope ahhh :(

This pregnancy and my last I've had awful morning , afternoon , evening , middle of the night sickness :haha: I tend to graze as if my tummy gets anywhere near empty the nausea is unbearable and I end up not eating , then I feel worse. So I've found snacking keeps it at bay . I'll mix my snacks between fruits , smoothie , snacks such as babybel or dairylea cheeses . Drinking a lot of water help too . I try to get 2 litres in a day .xx

Ah ladies, I am so tired and I feel TERRIBLE :(

I know its normal, but I am NOT enjoying one second of being pregnant yet! I hope that changes. :cry:

Super emotional and all I can bloody keep down is toast with honey or peanut butter and jam, pasta, "harvest chicken sandwiches" with chicken, cranberry mayo and apples, bananas, snap peas ( only a few at a time) sliced apple, an occasional plum, gluten free coconut, chocolate balls, orange juice, water, rice pudding and crackers. Barely any meat of any kind ( pretty much hell no) except chicken hidden in my sandwich, and really nothing else other than those foods. I started to have the nausea bad a couple weeks ago, and its in full force now. I am just about 8 weeks ( will be on Friday) and I feel like there is no end in sight. I am trying to work and be functional but I literally SLEEP all the time. My poor husband!!!! He's trying to be helpful but he's getting irritable too and doesn't understand I can't just snap out of it like a cold or flu after sleeping for several solid days. I WISH :dohh:

My house is a literal bomb and I need to clean it but I can barely get out of bed after work ( let alone MAKE it through work)... he does the dishes, periodically some laundry, and cleans the cat box.. but other than that he's not terribly helpful with the house work ( I am sure I am not alone on this lol)

Before I got pregnant I was in the mind set that I was NOT going to eat bread or gluten of any kind. I was eating paleo myself for a long while off and on and I wanted to continue to do so while I was pregnant... and of course BAM nausea. My body literally wont even ALLOW me to think about anything else other than carbs right now. I feel like I am not getting enough nutrients and that my baby will come out deprived. :shrug: I don't really know what to do!! I was eating kimchi and drinking kefir before, only occasionally eating bread and sticking to quinoa and veggies, goat cheese and meats... and I CAN EAT ZERO of those things :nope:.... Help.

Oh smile, you could be describing me at 8 weeks! The feeling terrible, the tiredness, the bombsite house with no energy, the food aversions to anything healthy or nutritious!

I'm 12.5 weeks now and I feel like I am seeing an end in sight. Or maybe I am just getting used to the nausea! I am still puking every couple of days but I am starting to eat a few more healthy things (kiwifruit, avocado, grapes) and even went to a fancy restaurant last night and managed to eat something challenging! It's small triumphs at this point but honestly, I at 8 weeks I was peak miserable and couldn't see any end to it. Hang in there and don't worry about nutrition, you will make up for it in 2nd and 3rd tri when you feel a bit better. Baby is getting nutrients from you, your job is just to keep what you can down :) Thinking of you!

Thank you!!!! I am glad I am not alone UGH. One minute I am crying the next minute I am sleeping.. or trying not to barf ... :wacko: lol... I feel like a legit psychopath right now. I hope at 12 weeks there is light!!!!

I honestly thought that it would take months for me to get pregnant, I am not gonna lie, and it took ONE. ONE hole shot and done I was pregnant. lol... so I really thought I would have a tad more time to kind of prepare myself you know!? So this is all fast and a bit shocking. Good of course but hard. I still haven't told my mom who I SO want to tell, but her birthday is on the 28th and my ultrasound to confirm everything is ok is on the 23rd.. and I would really like to surprise her for her birthday knowing that my baby has a healthy heartbeat... so trying to be patient and realistic.... but having said that I feel SO alone in the world right now. ALL I want is my mom!! I have told a few friends.. but of course we all have busy lives and who wants to hang out with a pregnant SICK person? lol :sleep:

Thanks for making me feel not so alone <3

Thank you!!!! I am glad I am not alone UGH. One minute I am crying the next minute I am sleeping.. or trying not to barf ... :wacko: lol... I feel like a legit psychopath right now. I hope at 12 weeks there is light!!!!

I honestly thought that it would take months for me to get pregnant, I am not gonna lie, and it took ONE. ONE hole shot and done I was pregnant. lol... so I really thought I would have a tad more time to kind of prepare myself you know!? So this is all fast and a bit shocking. Good of course but hard. I still haven't told my mom who I SO want to tell, but her birthday is on the 28th and my ultrasound to confirm everything is ok is on the 23rd.. and I would really like to surprise her for her birthday knowing that my baby has a healthy heartbeat... so trying to be patient and realistic.... but having said that I feel SO alone in the world right now. ALL I want is my mom!! I have told a few friends.. but of course we all have busy lives and who wants to hang out with a pregnant SICK person? lol :sleep:

Thanks for making me feel not so alone <3

This nausea will ease off I promise ! Up until a few days ago I was in a constant loop of eat , nausea , eat , nausea . I didn't Want to leave bed , I didn't give a crap what I wore (as long as no pressure on my body anywhere), no make up at all . Then slowly by slowly these last 3-4 days I've felt normal , wanted to exercise and do household chores etc. I don't have to constantly nibble to keep nausea at bay. I still have it very mildly . But I can get on with life now :blush::haha:

:)

I ended up going to the Chiropractor last night and I asked him if there was anything he could do to help with nausea. He said well there are points in your neck and in the middle of your back that help with that, so he adjusted me, and today I actually feel so good, its so bizzar I almost feel like something is wrong because im not constantly having to snack like a crazy person. I ate vegetables today and fruit, and had some toast with hazel nut butter. Crossing my fingers that it lasts!!!

My only advice is avoiding spicy and fried foods. I have screwed myself many times throughout this pregnancy by having those foods. I'm not saying it takes the nausea away (I wish!) but definitely try to stay away from those items to take the edge off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->