how to open up ?

mummaof3

Reaction score
i find it hard to talk to anyone i know cos no one understands my son has spiecal needs whenever i try to talk about it i get tearful im 23 with 3 children under the age of 4 my second son is 2 with spiecal needs and i no it seems strange but i always new there was something wrong with him but doctors would dissagree and blame it on something eles for 2 yrs i have found it hard to understand does any one have any good ideas that will help

What extra needs does he have hun? It can be very hard to admit how you feel. No one will judge you xxx I wont if you need to talk post here or PM xx

I too am worried about my son and find it very hard to talk to my friends who have children. I find it hard to relate to what they are going through with their children and I think they probably find it hard to relate to what I'm going through with my DS. I joined an autism support group in my city and it was the best thing I've done. I can be completely open with them and they understand all my concerns and never judge me.

I know how you feel hun, since finding out about my son I have only told 3 of my close friends, I am quite a private person so don't know how I am going to open up, I love the support from this forum it's nice to know I'm not alone and people will help. The only thing I think that will help me is time and like the above say no one will judge you.

My son was diagnosed at 5 and it has only been now (2yrs after diagnosis) that I feel like I can openly say how I feel. I will easily admit I had a bad day with him or something. I feel like its something that happens in time with support.

I agree with joining a support group making all the difference x

after all the tests doctors still dont have a name or know whats wrong with mckenzie he is labled to have globle developmental delay but they have found part of a comazone missing but its un heard of and has no name and they dont no how it will effect him doctors also think he has autism but they are not happy to test him for it until a later date cos alot of the development delay show signs of autism i have just visited a lovely place called PARC in essex it is amazing and mckenzie could do so much and also finaly meeting other mums that no wat there talking about i have only spoken to one mum so far but she made it so easy to talk about mckenzie i didnt feel like i had to hold bk and when mckenzie does something strage like when he does his hand flapping and makes funny noises no one blinks a eye lid but say if i was on the bus people stare

I also have Two of my three kids that has ADD and learning disabilities and speech delays and behavioral problems. It is hard to talk to RL friends that don't know what it is like to have children with special needs. I am glad that I have found this form to talk to other mothers that have been through what I have. So welcome to the form :flower::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->