How to ovulate earlier

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by stargirl69, Aug 26, 2009.

1. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Does anyone have any advice on how I can bring forward my ovulation date?

I'm ovulating late in cycle cd 24-28 and then a luteal phase of about 10-11 days. I tried Agnus Castus/Vitex this month - taking Holland and Barrett tablets - 4 a day. It's made no difference, in fact, I'm not even close to ovulating and cd21 at moment.

I'm looking for things that have actually worked for people personally for me to try.

Thanks!

2. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

3. amyclaire

amyclaire TTC late July 2010 :D

stargirl! :) have u jumped over to ttc early? :) xxx

4. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Thanks for advice regarding luteal phase! I've read your thread before - it's very informative! Thanks for sharing. Anyone recommend anything for bringing forward ovulation?

5. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

No not ttc yet, but gearing up for it!!! I'm trying to get everything as good as it can be before ttc! Only 7 weeks to go until ttc!

6. MsLesley

the only other thing i would recommend would to do a google search on it to see what you could find.

hope it gets fixed.

7. MsLesley

the only other thing i would recommend would to do a google search on it to see what you could find.

hope it gets fixed.

8. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Thanks. I've checked google already but will check again. Most of the stuff is about the occassional later ovulation due to stress rather than regular late ovulation after cd 20.

Thanks - I hope so too!

9. amyclaire

will be nice to see a more familiar face when u move over since im just ntnp now! :)
    sorry i cant help about the ov problem btw, hope you get it sorted :) xxxxx

10. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Ntnp - how exciting! I tried to get hubby to agree to this, but he was having none of it! Yeah hopefully it will sort itself out before ttc. Going to start taking pre-conception vitamins this month to see if that makes a difference!

xx

11. fluffyblue

fluffyblue Loving being mommy

hi hun i ovulate about CD21 with a 10 day LP and manage to get pregnant just have trouble maintaining it. I have been taking agnus castus and vitamin B100 to lengthen it. Brought O forward one day this month

12. amyclaire

vits are always good :)
    u may see from wtt post that my oh is being rather confusing at the moment, the best i have from him on the subject of the fact that we appear to be having unprotected sex regularly is "well i dont want to set a date for ttc"...
    im thinking of switching vitamins, i take regular ones anyway but a bit concerned about levels of vitamin a, which u taking? xxx

13. Jaxvipe

Jaxvipe Mom to Avianna

AC can take up to like 4 months to actually see results, so just because you didnt see a result this month, you might want to continue taking because it does take some time to build up in you body. What dose are you taking?

14. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Yes I think things will be the same for me. I've read that conceiving is harder as not as many chances per year due to longer cycles but also difficult to mantain pregnancy. Good luck with ttc!

15. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

I was going to start taking pregnacare. At moment just taking agnus castus and folic acid.

Men are weird aren't they?! My hubby's changed his mind loads of times but he finally seems happy with trying in next few months!

16. stargirl69

stargirl69 Guest

Taking 1600mg so quite a lot! I know it can take time but I was hoping for even a day earlier. Things actually seem worse this cycle as cd22 and not even any ewm at all, so think ovulation will be even later than last cycle.

17. Jaxvipe

Jaxvipe Mom to Avianna

Well 1600mg is quite alot, id say maybe stick with that dose for another month and if it doesnt help then ditch it. I have just started taking AC after coming off Depo. Hoping that it might help jump start my cycle. I uped my dose to about 1000mg this week, but i might up it alittle more. Hopefully it will work for you =)