How to reduce massive bloating??

17e

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm only 4+3 weeks but my tummy is showing already like I'm 4 months! This is my 3rd pregnancy. I don't recall showing this early :-/ Any tips to reduce bloating? I didn't want to announce until after the first trim. Quite nervous about going back to work after the weekend, uniform might not fit anymore. Haha

I would love to know if this is possible I'm in the same boat as u xxx stalking this post lol xx

Umm not pregnancy specific but I know certain foods like bread can cause bloating, maybe avoid them or restrict them untilthe bloating goes away?

Drink lots of water-the more you drink the more your body will release

Also stalking! I'm massively bloated, I look hugely pregnant by bedtime. I'm eating constantly but I feel so sick if I don't. I'm drinking loads of water & squash as I'm constantly thirsty. X

I was also going to suggest peppermint tea and cut down on bread and not too many carbs.
And agree with drinking plenty of water. I have IBS so normally have bloatedness anyway but in pregnancy it's off the scale lol!

I also drink fybogel (which is ispagula husk) which helps you do number twos (sorry tmi!) coz if you are constipated that will increase the bloated feeling.

Ill try peppermint tea, I love that. Thanks x

Thanks guys. I have cut back on my beloved carbs (rice, pasta, breads) and sugary drinks (diet soda and juice) and that helped reduce the bloating. Will try the peppermint tea, too. Is it safe to start exercise again in the 1st trim? xx

Yes as long as it's more gentle exercise, swimming is an excellent one for pregnancy.

I will try anything to get rid of this bloat!!

Peppermint tea...here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->