How to tell if Clearblue plus is pos or evap? Please help lovely ladies!

MrsM254

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm kind of new to this and had never heard of the evilness of evap lines until coming on this forum. I took a Clearblue plus test this morning and a very feint but definitely there line came up! It came up within the 3 minutes and is as thick as the horizontal line but its too feint to see if there is any colour, does this sound like a positive or a nasty evap line?

I'd post a pic but I don't know how and I think I read somewhere you have to have a minimum number of posts first? Any thoughts/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Having now read how rubbish the Clearblue tests are I'll be heading out to buy a FRER today!

I have sent you a PM if you want me to post the piccy for you....
A clearblue evap tends to be a thin blue line on the left hand side of the anti body strip, they don't *tend* to be thick lines...

Good luck :flower:

When I took a clear blue with this pregnancy I got a line come up but then it got really faint and almost disappeared but a digital test gave me a positive before clearblue and frer xxx

Here we go....:happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 508
Thank you Jamandspoon! It's good to get some other opinions and make sure in not imagining it!

That's interesting about the digi's I always thought they were less sensitive, better get one of those today then too! Fingers crossed!

Well it looks like my Clearblue test was an evap, just used a FRER after holding for 4 hours and nothing.

Will try again in the morning with FMU just in case.

Thank you for the replies xxx

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was an evap, you're right blue dye pregnancy tests do suck!! I used 2 and they both looked like this within the time limit but nothing with a FRER and FMU this morning, keep thinking I see a really faint/shadow type line but I'm pretty sure I've for line eye!

Never mind, onwards and upwards!

Thanks for the replies everyone xxx

So after trying to put it out of my mind whilst I impatiently wait for my IC's and a digi to turn up in the post I have finally admitted defeat, I can't think of anything else! :wacko: So thought I'd post a pic of my FRER from the other day to see what you ladies think. I swear I saw a little something IRL and can kind of see it on the photo, can anyone else or have I got a serious case of line eye?! :blush: I would love to see it tweaked if anyone knows how?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 357
How many dpo are you?I cant see anything on the frer but i se the line on the clear blue x

I'm probably just seeing things, thanks for looking though!

I have no idea how many dpo I am, I've actually not long started taking cerazette bcp as we planned on WTT until April so due date wouldn't be too close to Christmas (plus DS is only just over 4 months!) but have been getting nausea, diarrhoea, headaches and really tired for the last week and feeling exactly like very early pregnancy with DS. I took a test to rule it out really and got a faint positive on the clearblue. Got very excited and a bit carried away with myself :haha: and am really gutted it now looks like it was an evap :growlmad:

On the plus side I stopped taking cerazette just in case and DH and I have decided there's no point starting it again now so we are officially TTC :happydance:

I'm probably just seeing things, thanks for looking though!

I have no idea how many dpo I am, I've actually not long started taking cerazette bcp as we planned on WTT until April so due date wouldn't be too close to Christmas (plus DS is only just over 4 months!) but have been getting nausea, diarrhoea, headaches and really tired for the last week and feeling exactly like very early pregnancy with DS. I took a test to rule it out really and got a faint positive on the clearblue. Got very excited and a bit carried away with myself :haha: and am really gutted it now looks like it was an evap :growlmad:

On the plus side I stopped taking cerazette just in case and DH and I have decided there's no point starting it again now so we are officially TTC :happydance:

did the line appear within the time limit on the cb? If its a couple of days since you took a test i would take another! x

I can see faint line on cb... And a vvv faint line on frer...

I agree with loraloo I would retest to be certain.. sometimes if you are ill your period can be late and cerazette is an awful pill that one made me really ill and hormonal. I concieved my son on the pill (yazmin) hes 4 now no issues but it is possible. Let us know what happens xxxx

I took 2 CB plus tests and both looked like that within the time limit, is it still likely they were both evaps? I'm waiting on postie to bring me more tests but it will be tomorrow at the earliest :(

If it is side effects from cerazette that I'm feeling I definitely wouldn't use it again its awful! Fingers crossed its something more exciting! Xxx

I took 2 CB plus tests and both looked like that within the time limit, is it still likely they were both evaps? I'm waiting on postie to bring me more tests but it will be tomorrow at the earliest :(

If it is side effects from cerazette that I'm feeling I definitely wouldn't use it again its awful! Fingers crossed its something more exciting! Xxx

ell, ive had an evap on a cb but it didnt look like yours. If it came up in time limit and it was my test, id have taken it as a positive. Good luck n keep us updated x

Ive never had a line at all with a cb apart from early pregnancu with this baba and the line was super faint. I can see the line on the frer too without zooming xx

Thank you, I hope it is a BFP! If the CB was a true positive though would it not have been as clear if not clearer on the FRER since they ca be used 6 days early compared to CB's 4 days early? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->