How to tell if LO is ill?

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
How do you tell if your LO is sick? Everyone tells me I over react about everything when it comes to Noah, but how can you blame me..

Early this morning he was coughing, but hasnt since at 5:30am, it's now 9am. He woke up about 7am, and I thought he was hungry, tried to feed him and he only took 2 oz, he usualy takes 3-3.5oz, and he spit most of it up, and then he fell asleep. Do you think he is getting sick? What do I watch out for? I always get this way after I take him somewhere for the first time, we took him to the mall on Saturday night, but I made sure no one came near him, now I feel guilty maybe I got him ill.

Have you got a thermometer? I find that's the best way to tell if they're ill. We've got one that you stick in their ear and it goes red if they have a temperature and green if all is ok.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little cough unless it continues. How has he been since?

Trust your gut instinct, if you think, even remotely think that Noah is sick then observe him and take him to the dr. Sod them if they think you're over-reacting, they havent been through what you have :hugs:

Temperature is one thing to watch but also their feeding, breathing, colour etc. Any mum who has had a baby in nicu will be exactly as you are; I still give myself a hard time when Joe gets sick and I have been known to put a rainproof cover on his buggy in summer :blush: just to keep people from breathing germs on him :blush:

if in doubt hun get him checked over

I always check Erica's temp. The doctor told me thats the number one way that babies can tell you something is wrong. I seriously am checking her temp every couple of days to make sure she is fine. I have 4 thermometers! An ear one, 2 regular oral (or rectal ones), and a pacifier that is a thermometer. The pacifier is the easiest if she is being fussy. I hope little Noah is ok. I overreact all the time, and I can just imagine how much more I would if I were in your shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->