How to tell your parents?

Scgirlsam

Reaction score
My in laws already know about my pregnancy and are very supportive! Telling my own parents hasn't been as easy. I have strict parents that are both correctional officers. I want it to be a happy thing, but I feel like I will offend them if I'm not upset. I was suppose to start college next year and I still can... But I know having a baby will be a disappointment for them. At least for now. My dad knows I'm sexually active, but my mother would answer no for me if any doctor even hinted around to it. I'm 24 weeks along and obviously can't keep hiding it from them. Any help? Thanks.

Wish I had some advice, but I didn't want to read and run.

I think the best way is to come straight out with it. Good luck! Maybe they will surprise you :)

I text my mum with my first and told her outright with my second. Telling her outright was much better. Maybe you could write them a letter?

Wow, you are 24 weeks and havent told your parents yet?! How are you not showing? Lol
Just sit them down and tell them. They may be strict, but there isnt jack they can do about it. Or maybe write them a letter with a scan photo? and explain that while you are young, you are extremely excited? If they freak out, would you have any place else to go.. like your inlaws?
Congratulations by the way!!!!

Try and keep it positive, positivity tends to rub off as does negativity. Use phrases like "we're having a baby" rather than "I'm pregnant"

Thanks everyone! Surprisingly I'm not that big with baby being a healthy 1.7lbs. It's also been cold so my sweaters may cover my bump somewhat. Knowing them, they probably just think I gained weight. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing lol. I'm thinking about writing a letter. That just sounds easiest to me and maybe include my ultrasound. It has been hard to keep my mouth closed since I just found out about my baby BOY. I feel like I could possibly ruin the holidays if I said something now. The nurse wasn't so sure about the sex of the baby either so maybe I'll keep that to myself for now. The only other thing I worry about it that if they aren't mad about the baby, they will be mad I waited so long. And if all fails my in laws would kindly take me in until they come around.

Sorry about the incomplete post above. I wasn't sure how to edit or delete it from my phone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 17
:wave: we're around the same gestation, I'm barely showing either - nobody can tell I'm pregnant when I'm clothed :haha:

I'd go for writing a letter, my dad is pretty impossible so I wrote to him to tell him.
It's easier, do whats best for you and whatever is gonna give you the least stress! It's great your inlaws are there to help you :hugs:

Congratulations btw :)

well it's likely they'll be pissed that u waited that long, and maybe even use that as an excuse for being pissed off in general but... they'll come around!
it's always a shock for them, even if you were 30 and broke the news..

just maybe skip the fact that the in-laws know it since forever...

keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations on your little boy :)

I was the same.. we told our in-laws really early but I was terrified about telling my parents, so so scared and thought they'd be mad. I kept delaying it and delaying it and eventually told them when I was around 4 months gone. They were happy for us and upset that I felt I couldn't tell them earlier, I still feel quite sad and guilty that I took so long to tell them, given how supportive they've been and how much they love and dote on my DS :(

I definitely wouldn't leave it any longer. You're already 24 weeks, way past the half-way mark. You need to tell them soon otherwise they'll probably feel really upset and excluded if they're only told when you're about to have him, especially given so many others know! If you are too scared to come out with it, I would write them a letter, that way you can make sure you word everything how you want to, and include everything you want to say. Good luck :flower: xx

congratulations :)
I would either write a letter or come straight out with it:)
there going to be annoyed you've waited so long, but better get it done before babies here:haha:!

Sooner rather than later is best, my family were upset when I got pregnant with my son but now he is the apple of their eye.
Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"