how to treat stretch marks

banana

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new on the board and I need some advice.

I want to reduce my stretch marks and I have stumbled over a nutrient supplement which is supposed to reduce stretch marks.

It is said there, that stretch marks would be reduced because the elastine fibres are tightenend.

Does anybody have any experience with these kinds of treatment?

Hi hun :hi:

Welcome to baby and bump!

I have no idea if creams help to reduce them at all, I have them and I have learned to live with them, and that's that for me (not that I like them, I hate them!).

But I hope it works for you, let us know how you get on! :hugs:x

hi im not a mum yet but a friend of mine used a cream throughout her pregnancy and afterwards. I live in the UK id imagine if you dont you could get it online its called palmers, it has cocoa butter in it. I have excema and ran out of my medicated cream and i used it and it really helped its great for dry skin especially in the winter too!

You can try Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil.

I used Palmers cocoa butter throughout my pregnancy and have NO stretchmarks at all on my tum!!! Yay. I already had stretchmarks all over my bum and thighs before i was pregs and i must say, Palmers has helped a little to smooth them aswell. And as Carolina said, its great for dry skin in winter and also for sunburn!! And it smells gorge! According to an holisic therapist i used to work with you cant get rid of stretch marks once they have healed (turned silver) but you can make them disappear when they are new ones- still purple. Try talking to an aromatherapist. Hope the nutrient supplement works for you though! let us know! x

do the creams really work during pregnancy as prevention?
i havent seen creams but i have seen an oil by a company called weleda or something - i dont wanna be an idiot and fall for the marketing gimmick esp coz its about 20$ or so a bottle. ( i live in the middle east so everything is expensive)

??

some people swear by em others dont!! lol. whether you get strechmarks depends on a number of factors, you skin type, genes, how fast and big you grow etc, sorry to say girls- once you have them they are here to stay!! i used johnsons baby oil after bathing daily during my pregnancy 1 and i got stretch marks- it made me feel pampered tho ! in short they help moisturise you still but they dont help with strechmarks as its the elasticity of the skin stretching out and in again that does it- some people r just lucky.xx

Creams won't always help, if your mum has stretch marks.. most likely you will too! you can cream to keep the skin soft and well moisturised which may help to make them less noticable, but most likely if they run in your family you will get some. I creamed every day throughout my pregnancy and had no stretch marks until 7 months, when they suddenly started appearing everywhere on my bump! They are more of a silver colour now, im the same as Tam - I don't like them.. but have learnt to just accept and think of them as my Bethanie marks.

*I used and still love Boots Honey Olive & Neroli cream (you'll find it in their pregnancy range)

*When pregnant I used Palmers cocoa butter (especially for pregnancy, although this made me itch like a bitch when I was pregnant for some reason).

*I use bio oil as well (usually 1 or 2 drops in my bath) - even if it isn't doing anything to my stretch marks, it makes my skin feel soft.

Another proud Palmers customer here ;)

Using it again, and so far not a mark:happydance:

Then again, I'm just starting to stretch out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->