How to???

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
In an ideal world how does one try to get pregnant?

This all maybe a strange question as I'm already a mommy but Brooklynn was a surprise so there really wasn't any trying involved exactly. And seeing as we are starting to discuss when to try again I'm really curious as to how we would really go about doing that...

How do I know things like when I'm ovulating and when I would want to test?
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Hiya, welcome to the world of TTC!

You can try charting your cycles & look out for signs of ovulation like changes in cervical mucus, temperature shifts, ovulation predictor tests turning positive, cervical position/texture etc etc, or you can just BD every other day, so all bases are covered!!

It's said in a usual cycle of 28 days, the average day for ovulation is around day 14, but we are all different which is why it can be a good idea to look for the signs & pinpoint ovulation, until you really get to know your cycle.

There is a website called fertility friend (free to join) which can help you learn to chart, it's really good, a lot of the ladies on here use it.

:)

hmmm, will check out "fertility friend" tonight and have a look see around...

I must admit I'd got to 28 and new nothing about my cycle or ttc! How embarrassing!
Since I joined his site and fertility friend 4 months ago I feel like some kind of expert now LOL! FF will send you a 20 part charting programme on email when you join which is absolutely fantastic and fills in loads if the knowledge gaps u might have.
Good luck TTc! Xxx

I'm sorry hun I don't have any advice but didn't want to read and run. good luck! xox

i would get some ovulation test...as when u get a poss u shud ovulate 12-36hrs after...but i wud highley recommend buyin/or goin2liuary for "taking charge of ur fertility" by toni weschler ,its fantastic...at £18 a bit expensive? but if ur intrested i got mine for usa for £13 brand new...free international delivery! pm me if ur intrested will find address 4 u hun x x x

i find not trying is the best way to become preg and i mean dont use opk or chart or anything just stop using pretection and go with the flow have sex when you want it and then just test if you miss a period i find it is less stressful and stress is not a good thing when ttc. good luck

the girls have already given you some really good advise. I just want to add that you should start tracking your cycle now if you're thinking of TTC in the near future. At least three months, that way you get a feel for things before you actually start trying. Makes things easier to figure out down the line, if you've got some history to look at. Good luck to you.
P

How long are your cycles? Mine are 28 days, which i'm to ovulate 14 days before my period is due. Usually I can feel when I'm ovulating, huge cramping similiar to my period pains (called mittelschmerz). Some women experience this, others do not and rely on charting by taking their basal body temperature each morning when they wake up. Others take a more relaxed tone to conceiving and just have intercourse when the occasion rises (pun totally intended).

Good luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->