How was that not the start

KAH1990

Reaction score
Yesterday I had been feeling achey all day and just generally a little off. When I went to bed I started having Braxton hicks - but that's nothing new, I always have them when I go to bed. But they started to feel stronger with each one that was coming. I managed to get to sleep but was woken at 1:45 with such strong pains lasting a good minute and ranging from 5-8 mins between. This went on for an hour and a half, getting stronger, and had me thinking this is it, I need to call someone to watch DS1. But then nothing came of it except me left laying in bed wide awake still thinking what's going on. I'm now exhausted from being awake all night (must have fallen back to sleep about 5 and ds1 was up at 6) I never had Braxton hicks like that with my first pregnancy (waters broke in the night so no questioning labor had started)

Pretty pointless thread I guess I'm just feeling tired and sorry for myself. I'm only 37+3 so could still have weeks of nights like that I just find it so difficult to switch my brain off when I think yes this is it..

I was woken by strong intense braxton Hicks I was up walking round the house for an hour then they died down never had it happen before x

Had pains myself all last night every 5 mins after a sweep yest and thought for sure that was it but no !! Xxx

I had that on and off for about 8 days before labour! Usually in the evening and always dying off around the same time. It's disappointing and frustrating but just try not to stay up timing them and stuff, because tiredness will just make it all worse!
If you can sleep then sleep - if/when it's the real thing, it'll soon wake you up!

I know I kept telling myself just go to sleep now it's not happening but all I kept thinking was oh I haven't packed a hospital bag, what if someone doesn't answer their phone to come watch ds1, we haven't sterolised the birthing pool (planning on home birth) but obviously need to be organised incase I have to be transferred. I think today I will get everything sorted so that's one less thing on my mind

I had some pains and very uncomfortable last night, but was so tired that i slept though them :)
In my first pregnancy i had night like this and went into labour next night, so lets see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->